+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    How old is your baby?
    I wrap DD then cuddle her to sleep then when I put her down she doesn't wake up because she's all wrapped I also hold her head with my hand like if she was on my harm right side down and put her in her cot I'll hold the right side for a few seconds, she'll wriggle a little but not wake up.
    One to two hours feeds is a lot! I'd express and wake DH up!
    He is 7 months and one week. He's been in a sleeping bag since about 4 months old as he didnt like being wrapped anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I tried lots and lots of different things, but this is what ended up working for us (and I had to come to a mindset where I was prepared to get even less sleep and try to stick one method out):

At every wake up I would time DS's feeds, starting with 1 min (would just count in my head). He was literally only comfort sucking which was why I started with such a short time, if your LO is actually having a feed you might want to give it a bit longer.

Once the time was up I would take DS off the boob. He would start crying (annoyed crying not hysterical), but I'd just rock/ bounce on fitball with him until he was asleep, then put him back in his cot.

Every couple of days I would reduce the time, so each wake up would feed for 45 then 30 seconds etc and finish by rocking (beind held) to sleep. After a couple of weeks I stopped feeding and would just pick up and rock, by then he was pretty used to being rocked but he was a bit upset at no boobie. After a few days of just rocking I started putting him down slightly awake and patting off to sleep. Then transitioned to just patting in cot at each wake up.

There were some times where he would just go into hysterics, so I would resort back to feeding and just get him back to sleep and try again next time. I was still patting back to sleep many times a night, so cutting out the feeds didn't stop him waking, but eventually he was able to put himself back to sleep at night when he woke.

DS was about 9 months when I did this. I didn't want to night wean until 12 months, but he was a big boy and still feeding frequently during the day, and because he was only comfort sucking I was pretty sure he didn't actually need a feed.

I hope that helps a bit. It can be hard finding a method that works for you and your bub.
    Yeah I'm 99% certain that he's just comfort sucking as he's asleep within less than a minute after I pick him up after having tried to put him down again. He sleeps in his cot for the first two hours after going to bed, but then after that every time I put him down he wakes up again. Then falls asleep immediately after sucking pretty much.
    Thanks for the tips I will certainly try this! I was coming to the conclusion that somethign like this needed to happen but its very helpful to hear that it can be overcome using a different method and if there is crying then its for a good reason I can't stand to hear him crying cause he wants to sleep but doesnt know how.
    I sympathise with the OP about not wanting to CC. I dont want to either. I much prefer to rock and slowly ease into self settling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Everyone wants me to do Controlled Crying!

I too did BabyBliss patting technique at 6 months, had returned to work and was a zombie from breastfeeding feeding DD during the night to settle her. Took us 5 nights and we were a new family. Involved very minimal crying...a bit of whinging but no tears (from either of us)!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I don't have an advice as I'm in the same boat, co-sleeping and breastfeeding to sleep.

I just saw that the book "baby bliss" was recommended a few times. What's the authors name? I searched on iBooks and two different books came out.

Thank you.