+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Getting Centrelink to put money aside.

Does anyone get Centrelink to take a little money out of your payments every fortnight so you can get it as a lump sum at the end of the financial year is it easy to organise and get the money back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You could probably pay voluntary tax on it and it would be refunded to you with a tax return???

I'd give them a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know about that but you could always overestimate your income by heaps.

That's what we do and we get the FTB supplements plus the reconciliation amount after our tax has been done each year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You could do voluntry tax as someone else has mentioned or you could recieve minimum payment of FTB A or B.

You can lower it any time of the year and chamge it back if needed but you will have to wait til the end of the financial year to get the money back.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub