+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She is so so much better!! She's going about 4h between feeds overnight now!! However the daytime still challenges us - it takes hours to get her down, then she only sleeps for maybe 1/2 an hour. I try to resettle her but she'll have none of it, but at least she only screams when I'm trying to make her sleep! If I leave her be she just chats & gurgles. I wish she'd sleep but it's a walk in the park compared to our previous battles!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    She is so so much better!! She's going about 4h between feeds overnight now!! However the daytime still challenges us - it takes hours to get her down, then she only sleeps for maybe 1/2 an hour. I try to resettle her but she'll have none of it, but at least she only screams when I'm trying to make her sleep! If I leave her be she just chats & gurgles. I wish she'd sleep but it's a walk in the park compared to our previous battles!!!
    Fantastic news!! Slowly she will get better with day time naps too. It must feel great for you to have some sleep

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome that she is better. What did u end up doing for the improvement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou89 View Post
    That's awesome that she is better. What did u end up doing for the improvement?
    The main thing was cutting out dairy. She just started sleeping at night all of a sudden. Also I relaxed & realised its not me or my fault. She is now a lot more relaxed & has started sleeping in the day today - go figure?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes that's all it takes. Happy mum = happy baby

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou89 For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you end up going to tresillian?

The first 6 weeks are very full on, but when they crack their first smile at about 6-8 weeks, you'll instantly forget all the stress, worry and exhaustion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The main thing was cutting out dairy. She just started sleeping at night all of a sudden. Also I relaxed & realised its not me or my fault. She is now a lot more relaxed & has started sleeping in the day today - go figure?!
    Great to hear Bec xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Did you end up going to tresillian?

The first 6 weeks are very full on, but when they crack their first smile at about 6-8 weeks, you'll instantly forget all the stress, worry and exhaustion.
    Yeah we did but their methods make me feel pretty uncomfortable. I'm supposed to comfort dd without picking her up in her cot unless she gets really distressed & try to get her to sleep. I'm not going to sit next to my child letting her get totally upset before cuddling her! So I told the lady when she did her follow up call that we're not doing that & I'm happy for dd to sleep on her beanbag wherever I'm going to be & feed to sleep if she wants - they were also insisting she sleep in the cot & no boobs allowed. She was weird with me but I don't care - dd is sleeping ok in my book & we're both happy so that's what counts.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (27-07-2012),Starfish30  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand why you would think your a bad mum, as a new mum myself there were alot of things i worried about not doing properly, even now when i cannot settle my 4 week old i become frustrated and anxious and worried that im not a good mum myself. Its hard to suggest what may work for you as each new baby is different the best thing to do is trial and error, im sure that with support from your local gp, even from other mum groups and what not you will be able to come up with something that works for you and your baby girl. I found with my little man he likes to listen to instrumental music, the kind on the baby toys and dolls, soft gentle and very repetitive, that and a gentle rock and hes sound asleep.

Goodluck i hope you find a medium for you and your bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we did but their methods make me feel pretty uncomfortable. I'm supposed to comfort dd without picking her up in her cot unless she gets really distressed & try to get her to sleep. I'm not going to sit next to my child letting her get totally upset before cuddling her! So I told the lady when she did her follow up call that we're not doing that & I'm happy for dd to sleep on her beanbag wherever I'm going to be & feed to sleep if she wants - they were also insisting she sleep in the cot & no boobs allowed. She was weird with me but I don't care - dd is sleeping ok in my book & we're both happy so that's what counts.
    Go with your gut, you won't regret it! My two DDs were tough sleepers and till 6 months I rocked, cuddled and fed them to sleep. They are both great sleepers now and settle themselves. I will never regret all those cuddles and sleepy boob feeds, that's what we are there for