+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the chiro suggestion, dd2 was a similar sleeper from 2 weeks to 2mth old, but started sleeping 24 hours after seeing our chiro (an infant chiro, very gentle) an osteopath will do similar. I thought I was going to lose my mind with dd2, the same thing, as soon as i put her down she would scream. It turned out she had a neck issue from her position in the womb. She needed a few more sessions to stop it recurring, but it was the best thing we did! Hope things settle for you soon OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are trying to determine intolerances you need to be off dairy/gluten etc for at least 2-4wks for the results to show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say with the chiro it's not a major manual adjustment, they have a small utensil that just gives a little 'pop' next to the spine, and my chiro told me this morning that there is actually a speciality of Paediatric Chiropractors who only work on infants from just a few days old.

Also, I know that you are supposed to sleep babies on their back but my little girl just wouldn't stay asleep so I turned her onto her belly to sleep and this has helped wonders. Also, I use Infant's Friend just before her last couple of bottles for the night and this has made a huge difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just an update on my beautiful Ivy. These last couple of days since I cut out dairy she has been improving slowly. I'm able to put her down for short periods now, & she slept for a 3h period last night, then fed & slept for another 2h! I've elevated her mattress & she seems happier in her cot (not happy, but happier certainly!). We still need to hold her most of the time, but I seem to be able to feed her less frequently which is wonderful! She did spew on me last night so I'm sure she has reflux, poor bubba. We're really looking forward to tresillian tomorrow to get some more tools to help her be more settled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm wondering if as time goes on she'll get even better as the dairy leaves my system completely. Here's hoping!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is fantastic news, Bec! Hopefully she will get better and better with time

Has Ivy slept in the cot for 3 straight hours? My DS will sleep for up to 5 hours if being held, but no longer than one hour in the cot. He's got the mattress elevated as well but it doesn't seem to help.

Maybe I should try to cut dairy from my diet... it's the gas and the bowel movements that wake him up, I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish30 View Post
    This is fantastic news, Bec! Hopefully she will get better and better with time

Has Ivy slept in the cot for 3 straight hours? My DS will sleep for up to 5 hours if being held, but no longer than one hour in the cot. He's got the mattress elevated as well but it doesn't seem to help.

Maybe I should try to cut dairy from my diet... it's the gas and the bowel movements that wake him up, I think
    She has slept 2.5h in her cot tonight! I'm such a proud mumma right about now. I know people go on about my baby slept through the night from 8 weeks etc but I don't have that goal - I'm just glad Ivy is sleeping at all! I feel amazing having slept!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Bec!! Good luck today as well! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck at tresillian! So glad to hear she has improved. Keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bec I remember you from our June due date group. I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time. My baby boy was going just fine at six weeks but now at nearly eight weeks I've had a horrible couple of days where it's the same, he cries all the time and he won't settle. He won't sleep in the day and only sleeps for an hour at night before screaming again.

Is it getting any better for you? You are NOT a bad mom at all. It's just a really rough patch I guess. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you (and for myself!)