+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    However, today, maybe you should find a new gp and see if you can get the ball rolling. I have had to shop around for gps myself. A gp telling you your baby will grow out of reflux is hardly helpful

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've tried 2 brands of cherry dummies. I found a new GP this morning & there is a paed in the same practice so hopefully we can get some answers and relief for this poor poppet.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah! You poor thing! Sounds like you have tried everything and then some!

I honestly think you have tried everything that would settle a happy baby - I would be inclined to say there is something that is physically making her really upset - maybe the visit today will reveal something.

If you can, record the screaming as without fail, she's stop at the Drs office and it will give them and understanding.

I had one very very unhappy first baby all relating to her tummy (exasperated by giving her more boob because that's all that settled her, no dummy). I would wear her in a sling all day in an upright position - if you can, keep at the Ergo so you can move around the house and do things or go for a walk to clear the air.

Keep at the dairy if you can, I noticed that my second was slowly repeating the same behaviors as her sister so I came off diary and I have a different child. It take 2 weeks to clear out of your system too.

All the best for the appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had a call from tresillian - we're on for Monday. I'm relieved.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (20-07-2012),giggle berry  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Just had a call from tresillian - we're on for Monday. I'm relieved.
    Best of luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bec i'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time with an unsettled baby. You're not alone and i think you are doing all you can.
    You have been given some great advice so combined with your dr's appointment maybe you can find out if there is anything physically wrong with your little bundle. Hopefuly it's nothing too serious though.

I did read about trying a dummy - if she refuses it, dont worry about using one - at all! She will find her own way to soothe herself. My dd had one for about a month then refused it and i never introduced it again.
    It's probably a bit early but have you started to think about a feed play sleep routine? or any predictable routine for that matter? Even if it's just what happens before you put her down like a final nappy change or swaddling her or a song - something that is done every single time with no variances so it indicates to her what is about to happen.
    It is important that you go thru the same events that lead up to her going down for a nap every single time, every single day with no changes. It may even mean you staying home for a couple weeks to drill it in.

I had to get enhanced sleep help from my local council, it was a free service. I learnt so much from this lady. She reassured me there was nothing wrong with my baby (after numerous gp appointmens who ALL said "it's colic/refulx - here's some drops, she'll grow out of it") The "sleep lady" told me i was doing it all correct, i just wasnt being consistent with the methods i'd use to get her off to sleep. I also wasnt communicating with DH about what i was doing to get her to sleep, so he would do something completely different! DD was just confused, needed assistance to self settle, just recently i have learnt my dd thrives on a predictable routine. Night times especially - we dont change it for anyone or anything!

Do you keep a close eye on her tired cues and respond to them quickly? She may be only awake to feed and have 1/2hr of play atm but that is enough to be exhausting for her! If she is overtired she will be harder to settle.
    Remembering she is only 6 weeks, it's still important she knows you will come to her when she cries. She may be testing this with you!

Goodluck, im sure you will get thru this. Dont be affraid to ask for a break if it all get's too much somedays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so glad you're going to tresillian, I went when DD was 7 weeks and doing the same things your DD is doing. Are you doing day stay or residential? Tresillian was brilliant (they don't do controlled crying with little bubs so don't worry about that). It is so good having the nurses there 24/7. You'll also see a paed for bub there and a psychologist for you as part of your stay if you do residential (which I HIGHLY recommend in your case).

I'm in north west sydney and have a great Chiro - let me know if you want his details. I also have a fantastic PND counsellor if you think you need it. Or if you're not far from me I'm happy to meet you in a park so you can sit in the sun and have a rant to someone who knows what it's like!!

I really want to give you a hug and tell you it'll all be fine. I hated wishing away the early months but it really was hell.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I try to be aware of her tired signs. I have been trying the past few days to feed her, let her play for 10 min then settle her for a sleep but she isn't interested. She has been enjoying the playtime though so I guess that's something. I'd hate her to have a completely miserable life.

I will start a little routine with her & see if that works. I never sing to her because I'm not sure how she could possibly hear it. To be honest I've stopped talking to her to, it feels pointless & I don't want to be shouting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I'm so glad you're going to tresillian, I went when DD was 7 weeks and doing the same things your DD is doing. Are you doing day stay or residential? Tresillian was brilliant (they don't do controlled crying with little bubs so don't worry about that). It is so good having the nurses there 24/7. You'll also see a paed for bub there and a psychologist for you as part of your stay if you do residential (which I HIGHLY recommend in your case).

I'm in north west sydney and have a great Chiro - let me know if you want his details. I also have a fantastic PND counsellor if you think you need it. Or if you're not far from me I'm happy to meet you in a park so you can sit in the sun and have a rant to someone who knows what it's like!!

I really want to give you a hug and tell you it'll all be fine. I hated wishing away the early months but it really was hell.
    We're going for day stay but DP thinks we might end up having to go for residential. We are in NW Sydney, I'd love to know your chiro recommendation. I think I do need to think about PND - I told DP on Wednesday that he & DD are better off without me. It's so hard feeling like all you do is make your baby scream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PMing you now...