+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    She does, but will often detach herself then when she realises she gets upset.

We've watched Happiest Baby on the Block, at first the techniques worked but now she makes herself stiff so she can't be jiggled effectively - its like she doesn't want to be calmed.

We actually had an ok day yesterday - I was able to have a shower while DP was at work! She is really unsettled again tonight though. I've cut dairy from my diet so will see how that goes over the next few days. If no improvement then I'll also cut gluten.

I've thought about chiro but I'm just hesitant because she's so little & it seems like a big step for a little body to be manually adjusted. If she doesn't start to settle in the next 2 weeks I might have to take her. I'm in Western Sydney - any recommendations?
    Have you tried giving her a dummy to suck on, I've found with my LO that she just likes to suck for comfort and this helped heaps (as long as you're not totally against them)

Chiropractors use barely any force when adjusting infants, I'm taking my LO in today and at my last adjustment my chiro demonstrated how much force he'll use and I could barely feel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR1006 View Post
    Have you tried giving her a dummy to suck on, I've found with my LO that she just likes to suck for comfort and this helped heaps (as long as you're not totally against them)

Chiropractors use barely any force when adjusting infants, I'm taking my LO in today and at my last adjustment my chiro demonstrated how much force he'll use and I could barely feel it.
    Yes, she screams. Not just for a second, if I persevere trying to get her to suck it she escalates & ends up hyperventilating.

KW123, we had a terrible night, one of our worst yet, & she still won't sleep now. I'm counting the seconds til DP gets home & I can get away from her for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You def sound like your doing an amazing job in a tough situation, don't ever doubt that.

I have a pretty unsettled newborn who doesn't sleep all that much, the evenings are the worst with screaming. I give bub a bottle with water and gripe water to get up any wind she may have. It works alot!! May be worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe also try a different style dummy? Babies can be fussy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the dummy I do a trick that works sometimes. I put baby on boob, then when he is settled and suckling for comfort I do the switch from nipple to dummy very quickly. As I said it works at times only and he will sleep with the dummy.

It sounds like you will get a good long shower and a nap this arvo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried loads of different dummies, she hates them all, but I'll try the old switcharoo & see if that works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh honey... It sounds so much like silent reflux! My 11 month old had it as a newborn and with a toddler as well it was horrible - she screamed for 12 hours a day! We saw the paed at 6 weeks who put her on medication and it certainly did help! The days we missed the dose, the next day was hell! She was on meds for about 12 weeks.

It heartbreaking feeling like you are helpless and knowing that there is nothing else you can do for them except what you're already doing? Do you have a partner? Are they supportive?

We also took bub to a chiro, and whilst I don't think she was the be all and end all, I do believe she helped! Does a warm bath help your bub? Also, giving her wind drops ie. Infants Friend / Infacol / or Gripw Water will help. My GP also recommended Infant Gaviscon.

We also had a baby hammock which helped a lot.

Now that DD2 has started solids and crawling, we have just gone through 3 moths of projectile vomiting with the reflux!

Good luck and if you need to chat, or want any more info, please PM me.

A.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our bub will only take the cheap Coles cherry soothers.... Much love Bec xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Our bub will only take the cheap Coles cherry soothers.... Much love Bec xx
    Yep try the cherry shape ones. I haven't tried Coles, but Tommee Tippee or Happy Baby are great, my bub used the TT cherry ones and now uses Avent...

Also, if she has silent reflux, by feeding her constantly, you may actually be 'overfilling' her, which may be making her more uncomfortable. They love to suck as the sucking motion soothes the burning sensation caused by the reflux. Was she a smaller bub at birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If she screams all night again, take her to the hospital. I had a friend who did that. She said she refused to leave until they did something to help her. They did. They made referrals and did some tests. My daughter woke up screaming quite a few times but your night sounds dreadful.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast