+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really felt for you reading your post. I really relate. My daughter was such an unsettled baby. Actually she still is but its SO hard when they are new. You and your breasts are their whole world and nothing else will comfort them. Definitely get a second opinion on your daughters health. I'm not saying there is something wrong though. Some babies are just very high maintenance and will mellow out eventually.. but Over the past 13 months we have unravelled a few issues with my daughter which explains some of her misery.. hearing loss, repeat glue ear and ear infections, she is having allergy tests does and since I have stopped consuming so much dairy she has improved too. All I can offer as advice to cope is to carry her in a sling, watch your favourite tv series etc when you are couch bound.. maybe see about joining a good mothers group. Mine has been fantastic. Try and get out every day for a walk or a coffee, something calming. Good luck, its so hard and you sound like an awesome loving mum.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Nope, completely issue free birthing. DD won't do her swing either, doesn't mind her beanbag if she's in the right mood & I am right there but god forbid I should step away from her for even a moment. I put her in the ergo a lot but its hit & miss - sometimes she sleeps for a few minutes, sometimes she screams.

I will try some mylanta I think & see. I did a few weeks ago but it made her worse so I stopped.

ETA: When I say she doesn't sleep, I mean day & night. At all apart from the odd good night & some 30-40 min blocks, even overnight.
    Does she fall asleep on the breast and stay asleep if you leave the nipple in her mouth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Does she fall asleep on the breast and stay asleep if you leave the nipple in her mouth?

Mine does! Until he farts and wakes himself up lol

P.s. DS just had a 4 hour sleep and I'm in a very good mood now

He wasn't swaddled and turned by himself on his belly to sleep. I wonder whether being on his tummy helped with the gas?? It was the 1st time I saw him sleep on his tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post

She does, but will often detach herself then when she realises she gets upset.

We've watched Happiest Baby on the Block, at first the techniques worked but now she makes herself stiff so she can't be jiggled effectively - its like she doesn't want to be calmed.

We actually had an ok day yesterday - I was able to have a shower while DP was at work! She is really unsettled again tonight though. I've cut dairy from my diet so will see how that goes over the next few days. If no improvement then I'll also cut gluten.

I've thought about chiro but I'm just hesitant because she's so little & it seems like a big step for a little body to be manually adjusted. If she doesn't start to settle in the next 2 weeks I might have to take her. I'm in Western Sydney - any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=becandabub;6704247]She does, but will often detach herself then when she realises she gets upset.

We've watched Happiest Baby on the Block, at first the techniques worked but now she makes herself stiff so she can't be jiggled effectively - its like she doesn't want to be calmed.[QUOTE]

Same here, sometimes settling techniques work and at other times they don't. Earlier today I was about to cry with him

I just try different things at different times. Sometimes rocking or shooshing works, at other times it just makes him (and me) more upset.

Bec do you have anyone to help you during the day? I found that having others "starting fresh" works, plus I have a chance to shower or have a meal using both my hands!

After a day unsettled, DS is sleeping well tonight. I don't know whether I'd be able to cope with 24 hours of crying otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try everything I know every day, & when they all don't work I try them all again. DP is here most afternoons but I'm alone in the mornings which is not too bad if she'll at least sleep on the boob - which she decided last night was a terrible idea & she was just going to scream instead. I don't know what to do, I feel like just going out & leaving her here. I can't help her, I seem to make her worse when I try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try everything I know every day, & when they all don't work I try them all again. DP is here most afternoons but I'm alone in the mornings which is not too bad if she'll at least sleep on the boob - which she decided last night was a terrible idea & she was just going to scream instead. I don't know what to do, I feel like just going out & leaving her here. I can't help her, I seem to make her worse when I try.
    Oh I want to give you a big hug.

You have been given great advice. Personally I have no experience but a friend in my mothers group had the same dd as you! She took her to a baby chiro and she slept through the same day!

I'd get a second opinion about the reflux etc and ask around about baby chiro's if you're interested. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say its sounds like you're doing a fantastic job particularly if your not getting much sleep - it makes the days seem never ending!

Just wanted to say that my DS has also seen a Chiro from 8 weeks and with infants they don't do adjustments like they would on an adult - its really gentle - my DS really relaxed during the session :-)

If seeing a chiro is something you want to do, Like PP's have said, do your research and find one who is experienced with treating infants. If you're in WA I can recommend the Chiro we see.

Wish you all the best :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what to do, I feel like just going out & leaving her here. I can't help her, I seem to make her worse when I try.
    Bec, this is exactly what the maternal and child health nurse told me to do at desperate times. To put the baby in the cot and make myself a cup of tea or have a warm shower. I haven't had the need to do it yet but was close to yesterday. What I have done is to just hold him close so that he knows I'm there, let him cry for a bit whilst I try to calm myself down.
    I hope that today is a better day for you and bub!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Starfish30 For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bec how are you today?

I am taking my 5 week old to chiro last week and my friend took her bub at a few days old. As long as they are properly trained it is safe. Something to consider anyway.

Lots of love xx