+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Benji you deserve way better friends than that.
    Thanks sweet

I do have an amazing group of friends who make me feel so great, they are so positive and just simply amazing. They feel like my sisters.

Just a shame that a couple are taking my time, energy and resources from being able to see my good friends. I think you girls are right - time for a cull!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'm sorry if I took it out on you women. I don't mean to.

Sometimes I just think maybe I'm too much of a pushover.

Some of my friends that I went to school with make me feel used.

One said I was lucky when I'm a SAHM because I didn't work. Now I'm lucky because I work and she has the dreaded job of being a SAHM. I was lucky when I was single because I received "all this money" from the govt. Then she became single and I lent her a money because she was broke and I was worried that she would get to a point where she couldn't feed herself or her son. And now I'm lucky because there's less mess at my house apparently. Because nobody is home during the week. True, but I also have less time to clean. I offered her a spare chest of drawers when she moved, she accepted, then proceeded to nag me about when could I drop it off - she couldn't possibly pick it up with a one year old - that would be too hard!

So I have all of this spare time to do chores for her!!! Because of this cruisy, lavish life I lead with all of this spare time because of my luck that has fallen upon me.

Another friend from school hounds me to pick up and drop off her child from school. Because it's easier for me because I have one child and not 3. Well, yes it is - but they are not MY children! I have enough trouble in the mornings with my own child and getting 3 people ready for work and school without an additional child.

Just getting tired of being used by my friends who have it so hard while I have all of this spare cash lying around apparently because I work and I have all of this spare time because they have it so much harder because of whatever.

I just want to go home, curl into a ball and cry.

Sorry, but I would rather spend the little spare time I have with my family and my friends who appreciate me. Not doing crap for everyone else because I have it so easy and luck just seems to follow me and I've never had to work for it and I don't deserve it because everyone else has it tougher.
    They sound narcissistic and self entitled to me. I lol'ed when you wrote she said you were lucky to be at home when she was working, then lucky to be at work when she is now at home me being me, when she made the latter comment I would have said "I thought I had it easy when I was home? ooooh you're at home now... so is it sooo easy?"

I've been in a similar position with a friend, but it wasn't so much tangible using like taking money or demanding lifts. It was being used emotionally. She sent me to the edge of sanity before I said no more

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm going to have to start saying no before I snap and say something offensive to them haha.

The first one (I've told you about her delirium - loaned money with no return, constantly asking me to take her out etc) is extremely self entitled.

The other one who I help out with lifts to school I really do feel for because she's in over her head.. but at times, so am I.. the favours are never returned though.

They just see it at face value - I have one child and good job. On top of that I have little time with my own family and a heck of a lot of stress and pressure right now.

This is why I hate the 'sahm vs working mum' argument. We all cope differently in different situations. We've all got different children and different jobs. I don't believe you can put us into two 'groups' like we so often are because we stop listening to each others real stories and fob them off as having it easier than me because she works/doesn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS delirium - empty your PMs woman!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have this battle with myself! I am "lucky" to be part time SAHM and part time working mum. My hours fluctuate so some weeks I work 30 hours and some weeks no work at all. On the weeks I work 30 hours I think "gee I wish I was at home more" then when I've not worked much I think "gee I wish I was working a few more hours this kid is driving me nuts!"
    call me crazy but hey I probably am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    PS delirium - empty your PMs woman!!!
    done