+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Disc degeneration disease and labour

Hello hello

Just wondering if there are any ladies who have had a degeneration disease (where your disc bulges every now and then which then causes pressure on nerves) and had a vaginal birth. If so, did your back go whilst in labour?

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do I also have scoliosis, lapradosis and osteo arthritis. None of them caused any issues during labour, but you may want to discuss epidurals in advance if you wish to have one as they wouldn't give me one ! Back pain is my constant enemy and of course carrying extra weight doesn't help !! Just keep up with exercising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not sure about the disk part but I also have scoliosis and arthritis in a certain few disks - which doesn't seem to cause me too much pain as yet, they are disks up higher and most of my pain comes from my lower back. Surprisingly since being pregnant I have had less pain then ever before. I am hoping it doesn't get really bad in labour, but if so I will try the sterile water injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

My main concern is doing a natural labour, pushng and weight bearing, and then a disc bulging, causing my nerves to touch my spinal cord, which in affect causes severe pain and I'm unable to walk.... so would hate to think on top of labour, that I may have to deal with a bulged disc at the same time... eeekkk!

mummato4 - why wouldn't they give you an epi ?

I do have an appt with the anethitist about the epi and if I'm able to get one, etc.