+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wollondilly Shire
    DD is 23 months old, but has had the same sleep routine since around 15 months.

She has an afternoon nap between 1 and 3pm. Sometimes she will sleep till 3.30 or even 4. I don't like her sleeping later than 4 as it means she is not really tired at bedtime and will be awake half the night!

Bedtime is 7pm, except for Thursday's - when her Pop comes over for dinner - then it is 8. Usually she is asleep within half an hour of putting her down. She is awake between 7 and 8am.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful2009 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what your 21 month old is doing regarding sleep. What time do they go for a nap and what time do you put them to bed at night. The reason I am asking is because my daughter (always been a terrible sleeper) takes a while to settle down for her day nap and dosen't sleep too long after that and at night she settles fine in her cot ( at the moment) but wakes up through the night and babbles with the dummy in her mouth for over an hour at different times and always wakes at 5 or 5.30am for the day. I am so tired as I know a lot of other mums/dads are. So Just looking at what you are all doing, and what is working for you. Looking at general awake times at this age as well.

Thanks so much for your help : )
    Hi Hopeful.

My DS is 20 months and he now wakes up between 6:30-7:30am (which is soooo much later than he's ever done before. He was always a 5-5:30am early riser until 2 months ago). He has a nap after lunch from about 12:30-2:30pm. He is ready for sleep by this time and goes off fairly easily. We start his bedtime routine at 7pm and he goes to sleep about 7:45 after bath bottle story etc. He goes through phases of sleeping through and not sleeping through- where he will wake and cry for his dummy and we will have to settle him but it only takes 2 mins and he is back asleep (usually!).

I think he started sleeping later once he got used to having just one long nap per day rather than two. We tried one nap earlier on when he was about 15 months but as he woke so early he was exhausted by 9am and would need a sleep. So it was catch-22.

Eventually it just seemed to click into place and he started sleeping later and coping with being up the whole morning. I seriously thought the day would never come as he was always an awful sleeper and I had to put in a lot of hard work over his 20 months!

Sorry if there are not many ideas for you there but fingers crossed it will all settle down as our DS did.