+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 21 Month old Sleep Times

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what your 21 month old is doing regarding sleep. What time do they go for a nap and what time do you put them to bed at night. The reason I am asking is because my daughter (always been a terrible sleeper) takes a while to settle down for her day nap and dosen't sleep too long after that and at night she settles fine in her cot ( at the moment) but wakes up through the night and babbles with the dummy in her mouth for over an hour at different times and always wakes at 5 or 5.30am for the day. I am so tired as I know a lot of other mums/dads are. So Just looking at what you are all doing, and what is working for you. Looking at general awake times at this age as well.

Thanks so much for your help : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is also 21 months. He tends to nap from 11am - 1pm most days but we've had the odd day recently where he hasn't napped at all. He generally makes up for it by sleeping longer overnight ... but not always! He's in bed by 8pm and awake by 7am, but often wakes as early as 5/5.30am. Sometimes I'll bring him back into bed with me and he'll doze for a bit longer. He doesn't tend to wake much during the night unless he's sick or teething.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is almost 20 months and sleeps 7-7 and naps 12-2. Fingers crossed she keeps it up. But she's been a sleepy baby right from day 1 so I don't think her good sleep habits are necessarily from anything I did, although she has always had a pretty strict bedtime routine.

What time are you putting your DD down to sleep/nap OP? She might just need less sleep than other babies her age. Maybe you could try pushing her bedtime back or having an earlier nap time? I hope you get some good sleep (for both of you!) soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    20 month old DS has a 2 hr afternoon nap usually 1.30-3.30pm and is in bed by 9pm and wakes normally between 8-8.30am , he has always had a later bedtime as we like to have dinner as a family and DH gets home about 6.30-7pm , he had always been a great sleeper so I'm lucky ( I just hope no 2 is as good!)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    20 month old boys I look after have day naps from around 11:30-2:30 and both go to bed at 7pm with no issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been putting her down for a nap at 12 noon and bedtime at 7pm. I have tried earlier nap and the same thing happens. It's so frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 19 months and he sleeps 1.5 to 3.5 hours during the day in 1 sleep. It's usually from about 11-11.30 but sometimes I'll push the sleep back til after lunch if we're busy.
    He is in bed (usually) by about 7-7.30 and most nights will go to sleep on his own while I get his sisters to bed.
    He then wakes sometime between 6.30 and 7.30am.

If he's having a late sleep I will wake him if he sleeps after 4pm as otherwise he won't go to bed til later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS is 21 months and naps from about 1230pm until about 130pm or 2pm.
    He goes to bed between 730pm and 8pm and sleeps until 8 - 830am. He does usually wake up a couple of times to say hi over night.
    DS was always a crappy sleeper but since we moved him into his own queen size bed he has beena lot better! He likes the room to move around without crashing into the sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has just turned 2 and has been on the following routine for a while now.

Nap - Usually down about 11.30-12 (though sometimes later) and will sleep anywhere between 1-3 hours (the 3 hours are rare though. Normally around 1.5 hrs). We've learnt that we can't try to put her down for a nap until she's ready (grumpy or whingy) or she won't go down at all.

Bedtime - In bed around 7.30-7.45pm and will sometimes take up to an hour to go to sleep (like last night ) but she'll generally just chat to herself. She'll wake anywhere between 5-6.30am, though it would average around 5.30am.

I find that if she goes to bed later she'll often wake up early and be hard to get down for a nap the next day. She's shocking if she is over tired. She'll eventually make up for it with a nice sleep-in (till around 7.30am) but we only get them on the odd occasion when she really needs to catch up.

ETA: We get the occasional wake up overnight but she will normally settle quickly once we go in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    My DS is 21 months and naps from about 1230pm until about 130pm or 2pm.
    He goes to bed between 730pm and 8pm and sleeps until 8 - 830am. He does usually wake up a couple of times to say hi over night.
    DS was always a crappy sleeper but since we moved him into his own queen size bed he has beena lot better! He likes the room to move around without crashing into the sides.
    Thanks Lincolns mummy - when you say a queen bed - is that a toddler queen or child queen or an adult? Did you have to put safety rails up? My daughter moves around so much in her sleep.
    Thanks