+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this word for word!!! It actually feels like someone his sitting on you holding you down and you can't breathe!!! Glad I'm not the only one!! It completely freaks me out and only seems to happen when DF isn't there!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaKye For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to have this too! Haven't had it for years though. I would actually be aware that I was awake, but couldn't breathe, and I was terrified I would die unless I took a breath. At the last minute, I'd take a breath and the relief was incredible. Weird, yes. I didn't know many others had this too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have this too and it is really scary. Hasn't happened for a while but I always feel like someone is leaning over me and I can't open my eyes or move.
    Thanks to those explaining the REM and sleep paralysis theory. Hopefully I remember that next time so it doesn't scare me so much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew! I am glad its something proper, I have had this happen abit, it freaked the cuss outa me when I was a kid, and I guess this morning really threw me... I blame my darling husband lol for turning the light on at 5 to get ready for work... I understand now how it comes about too.. was partially awake, wanting to sleep, but yea, body and mind had other ideas! Was so creeped out though, had the light on and had to call my husband to tell him, so I wouldn't go to sleep, it kept coming in waves.. darn scary feeling too.. and the sound in my ears is weird when it happens! Glad he has the rest of the week off... Not keen in a repeat haha!
    Thank you all so much for sharing, and showing I'm not crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's a sort of hallucination. I had this a few times when i wasn't pregnant. asked a doctor, he said nothing to worry. and like renn said- sleep paralysis. agree to it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyy For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friend has this and so does her cousin, it's like paralysis when they wake they can not move at all it takes a whole to pass then it's gone, it's nothing to worry about though sometimes its genetic as well. I wish I could remember what it's called!!!