+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Taxi drivers vent

For those who catch taxis, do you ever feel like the driver puts you in danger while playing with their nav man direction thing or the job box while driving as i have had enough of it.

I am putting in a complaint tomorrow morning as i clearly stated to the driver i would direct them to my destination and if they want to play with the nav man, play before they turn the metre on and start charging me for my fare.

I feel they cant pay full attention to the road while playing with them especially when it starts raining again and there are many drivers on the roads.

One day i feel like we will be in an accident because they dont listen to me or anyone else who does the same thing by asking them to not play with them. Tonight the driver kept playing with it even though i stated most of the way to stop touching it and i explained to him we could be in an accident because of him.

I put it in the same distraction category as a mobile phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had some very dodgy taxi drivers!

One was on his mobile phone for the whole journey, I sent a complaint and didn't hear anything back.

Another driver nearly went the wrong way down the freeway!!

Hope you are ok and I hope your complaint is taken seriously by the company. X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Waiting for their complaints department to call me back as they were on the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus i'm pretty sure playing with a Nav while driving is illegal the same as holding your phone. You can always complain to taxi driver feedback line
    1300 311 108. as well as the company

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've seen it all, the worst was when the taxi I was in, cut off another taxi and then other guy chased us and tried to swerve us off the road several times, eventually swerving in front of us and slamming on the brakes. We then had to slam on our breaks, I thought we were going to die - it was around central in Sydney - where Pit goes into parramatta road. Anyway. I made complaint after complaint after complaint and they brushed me off, and because I didn't have the whole number plate - just a partial and the company they worked for, they refused to pursue it.

So yeah - Taxi drivers do put people in danger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, and after a girls night out once, I had a taxi driver say that "we could work out payment in another way" ugh. I was really freaked out by that because it was night and I was tipsy etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Oh, and after a girls night out once, I had a taxi driver say that "we could work out payment in another way" ugh. I was really freaked out by that because it was night and I was tipsy etc etc.
    Yeah I had something similar to that where one tried to kiss me so I left without paying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Urgh one of my mums friends used to regularly catch taxis home in Perth after a night out and the amount of times she had been propositioned and almost assaulted was frightening.
    Taxi drivers always have me on my guard at night, when I would catch them after a night out I would make a point of noting their identification number and name displayed on the dash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Gross. Have had similar. He wouldnt let me out of the car either as he was lonely and wanted to come inside my house. He kept going on and on how i look lonely and i shouldnt be going home all by myself on a saturday nighy. I put in a complaint about that but nothing was done either.