+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that's great, Sareeb. I've heard Monash are excellent. We are at Melbourne IVF and although they're very big and you never seem to talk to the same nurse twice, I have always felt comfortable and cared for. Our FS is great too.
    Unfortunately out test came back negative today. We are really lucky that we have embies in the freeze though and will start a thaw cycle as soon as damn AF arrives!!! It's 16 days past egg pick up today and no sign. Ergh.
    who knows, maybe you and I will have BFP cycles together!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray hooray we have finished another counselling session & now have the donor list. Now B & I will sit together tonight & sift through the 25 basic profiles & pick out 3 or 4 to narrow things down then we can get further info. My picks are 6ft +, olive skin, good education & career. Unfortunately the list doesn't have level cuteness,sense of humour (just kidding). Another day down 39 to go😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Collected our drugs today & picked our first preference for donor. Still have to get further info on 2-3 backups so we can pick our 2nd & 3rd preferences. This process has been a little strange however as we had discussed this & done some searching prior to the IVF process beginning we didn't dwell on the change too much. As far as we are concerned DNA might create a family but love makes a family. So the process goes on start jabbing on the 24th with EPU on the 5th May all going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news, Sareeb!! The needles aren't so bad. I had DP do them for me though.(!) I overstimulated so was pretty uncomfortable. Just lots of bloating. I also found the meds really blocked me up. It might be worth talking to your pharmacist about some fibre. I took benefibre but started too late so ended up needing the serious stuff ha!
    you are absolutely right about the donor. I know 3 lesbian families all with divine little bubs all from anon donors and they could not be happier. The decision about who's DNA goes into your little bub is the least significant in the end. At least that's what they've told me!!! So concentrate on treating yourself and DP this next few weeks!!! Look after each other. The drugs can send you a little loopy!!
    good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we had anon - and seriously, i couldn't be happier.
    there are enough stressors in a family, without adding another parent.
    especially in our situation, where we have now seperated - imagine having another parent!
    both my girls ended up looking exactly like me anyway - luckily!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wide awake my head is all over the place, finally got our rebate from Medicare from our Feb cycle after 4 phone calls to Medicare not happy to say the least. Last phone call to Medicare the woman I spoke to said to me 'I don't have anything hear for you' I thought my head would explode as last week I was told the claim was received on the 4th & pending & should be processed by the 11th money in the bank no later than the 14th. Then she says I'll look into it & call you back in 10 minutes, 45 minutes later I get a reply 'your claim has been processed' that's it hang up. During the 45 minute waiting time I had a phone call from the accounts dept from our clinic trying to sort out payment for this cycle told her I was still chasing Medicare etc she tells me they sent the claim mid March. This confused me as I was told by another last from accounts they had list my Medicare claim form & sent me my receipt & to submit the claim myself. Anyway 2 months & several trips to Medicare, which is such a hassle to get to, & the phone calls the refund is finally back only to be paid off the credit cards & sent out again.
    Has anyone else had any problems with this?
    I really don't think that is the only reason I can't sleep but I needed to vent that it's been frustrating me all day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the last thing you need to be worried about. You poor thing. If it's any comfort, we've not had a problem so I reckon it was a one off glitch and now that it's sorted you shouldn't have to worry any more. How annoying!!!!
    Have you started injections yet? How are you feeling? Hope you're ok. Treat yourself to something relaxing like a nice candlelit bath or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Natta we haven't had any issues for the last 4 cycles glad it's sorted now time to get back on track.
    I start jabbing on the 24th so I get to have a stress free relaxing Easter break. Wishing everyone a safe & happy Easter & fingers crossed next year we'll all have our own little bubbas to share it with.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareeb77 For This Useful Post:

Natta  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Easter to you too! We are SOOOO excited.... I've been POASing for days and it's been getting darker and darker and this morning I used a digital and it came up pregnant!!!!! Ahhhhhh! So excited but still scared! Blood test Monday.... Eek!!!
    ENjoy your time before the 24th. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW thats awesome news congrats 😃

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareeb77 For This Useful Post:

Natta  (18-04-2014)