+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had an interesting call from the nurse today. Apparently my test results are inconclusive. I told her AF arrived yesterday. She said that probably means I had implantation however it didn't stick. I have to have another blood test Tuesday as they have to be sure my HCG levels go back to nil. I'm disappointed but I'm kind of looking forward to next week to see what the FS has to say about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Levels are back to nil. Appointment on Friday with FS & now because we will be changing to an unknown donor we have to do another counselling session, aka a waste of our time & another $200. More news of this long crazy process next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck with your new donor, Sareeb. Hope it's a quick process from this point!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! We changed donors and had to go through all the counselling again too but you just got to tell yourself it's all part of the journey. We ended up having some really interesting conversations which we hadn't really considered in the first round so as much as we were annoyed at the start we were actually glad to have had the extra sessions in the end. Hope you have a similarly positive experience. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Natta For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Natta it is as you say all part of the process we've gotta do what we have to to get through. Funny you mention the things you hadn't thought of before when this whole thing started we had the known/unknown donor discussion & were happy with known now we've been thinking we may actually be better with unknown. Such an interesting process to go through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny isn't it! Our situation is the opposite... We've gone from unknown to known as we discovered that a partner of my friend had just become a donor! So we now have a clinic donor who we know! Complicated but feels right to us now and that's all that matters. That it all feels right to you and your partner. I'm 2 days off my Beta after our first transfer and feeling a bit gutted as I did a HPT and it was negative. :-( oh well. We'll see what happens between now and Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We changed from a known to an unknown donor - and now I am glad we did! My usless partner walked out when our second born was only 6 weeks old, after 18 years together...now we are heading to family court
    So, having a known donor would add an extra element
    Good luck with the process - its hard, but def worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right Natta as long as everything feels right. We're happy & looking forward to our counseling session now as we will get access to the profiles from that appointment 😃.
    Nayez2000 I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time I can't believe your ex did that to you & your children.
    Our counseling session is booked for Thursday & then clinic week starts the 5th of May. We were a bit concerned we may not be able to access clinic recruited donor sperm so quickly after reading several articles stating there's a shortage however our FS stated we'll have no worries & have heaps to choose from. Hope this will be our 3rd time lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nayez, that is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through all of that. I really hope things work out for you.

Sareeb that's great news! I'm as anxious as anything tonight. My blood test is tomorrow and although I'm fairly sure it will be negative as my home test was negative on Friday morning, I'm still anxious!!! Oh well. 24 hrs and we'll either be celebrating or starting our next cycle. Either way it's all good. May I ask where you are at? Which state or clinic? It seems that donor availability is very varied from clinic to clinic glad you've found one that's ready to go!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Natta I'm in East Gippsland Victoria & we go through Monash IVF our FS is fantastic we are so happy & comfortable with him.
    I understand what you mean about the test I've had that too just hoping there's been a mix up & you get the surprise positive result fingers crossed.