+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, the great lesbian IVF adventure!

Well yesterday was the start of our IVF adventure so let me introduce us and we'll get the ride underway.

B is 40 she will be the non-bio mum, i'm the incubator and M is 30 is our friend & donor. B & I have been together 11 years and bought our "renovators delight" in country VIC 3 years ago now we want to fill it with rugrats of our own.
    M & I have been the aussie version of Will & Grace for 14 years.
    We're all actually more like the 3 amigos so it was only natural for us to go on this journey together

The FS from Monash IVF was great he didnt waste time by trying to get us to do IUI first. We had already been sent by the GP for sperm tests and I knew i had mild endo as it turns out M has a low sperm count so between the two of FS said we will be covered for most of the cost by medicare YAY a win for us!

Now to get the initial test out of the way and get through the quarantine process so we can have our first cycle in Jan/Feb 2013. Police checks are completed and will be sent tomorrow, blood test on Thursday & pelvic ultrasound booked. M has to go to the city for his tests and then it's time to get everything else sorted and finished before the real fun begins in the new year.

So come along for the ride and get a different view of how the process goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eergh OV today was a killer does anyone else have OV pain that is worse than period pain and brings them to there knees in tears?

I think i need to find a hobby even i'm getting sick of myself, i've trolled every baby related website i can think of lordy this is gonna be a long 6 months.

Well this weekend i will be cleaning the 40+ year old bassinet my 2 brothers, 3 nieces, 1 nephew & myself all slept in for our first few months of life. A friend borrowd it and left it in the garage unportected so it's now dusty & dirty.

Think it's also time to get some motivation happening and sort out the spare room hopefully it won't be spare for too much longer.

Short and sweet tonight don't want to drive everyone crazy with my inane rambling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so things are happening M is booked in for his tests and freezing in 10 days. I couldn't believe the limited appointment times the clinic have available for M to provide his "sample", 3.5 hours of a morning on weekdays and half and hour on a Saturday (nothing like a bit of pressure to perform). So i made his day when i told him he was booked for blood test and providing his sample the same day and then we had to get back home, 3.5 hour drive, as i have an appt in the afternoon. It's so hard to co-ordinate a day both of us have off from work and to try and fit in with the clinic and i don't think it's fair to expect hi to go to those appointments by himself when he is doing all this for us. Country areas are so lacking in the services they provide at least we can see FS close to home it's only a 45 min drive to the hospital he visits once a month.

Since we have got the ball rolling and i needed a little pick me up on the way home from visiting the cemetery for mum's first birthday since she passed away last year I decided to have a little look in a baby shop and found the type of travel system on clearance from $1000 down to $600 so i asked them to hold it for me as I knew B would crack it if i just went ahead and bought it. I took a couple of photos and buttered her up until she said yes and i will pick it up during the week. I know a lot of people say don't count your chickens blah blah blah but i say if we have no luck we can at least sell it as a brand new item.

This may sound a little snotty but i would like to have all new stuff for our first baby a friend of mine has said to me don't but this and that she has stuff from her kids and she will pas it on to me. I know she means well but her kids had new stuff and we can afford to buy all new stuff except the bassinet however this is being used for sentimental reasons. I am also a very organised person so even though I am aware we make not be successful I will probably have everything we need before I am 6 months if we do get pregnant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareeb77 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after reading two pregnancy announcements on Fbook and two friends due in 8 weeks, i'm counting the days until we can start our first cycle. Most people say it's the TWW that is the worst or the time between cycles but having to wait for 6 months before you can even start once you've been given the go ahead is pretty darn painful. The stupid thing is we have been trying at home insemination for years and now because of the "processes" we have to wait again. Does anyone know if hetero couples have to wait the 6 month quarantine time?

I've also decided if we are not successful using M's swimmers after 3 cycles I'm going to as FS if we can use anon donor because after waiting all this time i want to get preg asap!

Yep i'm a bit grizzly todat as AF is due and now all i can do is sit and wait everything is kind of at a stand still now and i'm not the most patient person. The police checks should be back this week or early next week and then i can send of those and the child protection order and registration forms off. After that we have M's donation appt and my laproscopy and that's it just waiting waiting waitng until FS gives us the all clear to get started.

Good luck to all those who get a BFP and to those trying this month.
    Last edited by Sareeb77; 31-07-2012 at 19:41. Reason: left details out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's been a little while but i have had not much to tell. Police checks have come back and good to know neither of us are convicted felons! Sent in the child protection order applications and police checks.

M has had his donation appt. Unfortuantely i was busy on the day so i had to send B & M on this mission. I put the directions in the GPS and told them to leave 45 mins before they needed to to make sure they would have plenty of time what could go wrong right! So I get a phone call there is an accident and a diversion is in place, I say don't stress you have plenty of time. Then another phone call they get confused with the GPS directions (bear in mind they have to go about 100m from the hospital my mum spent a month & died in last year and they had both been there) so i'm trying to direct them over the phone from 3 hours away, B is not very good with directions at the best of times so this is quite an experience. Finally they get to the clinic and with about 5 minutes to spare this is not what I had planned. So M gets shown to the room and given a dvd for "inspiration" he later tells us it was the worst he's ever seen I suggest it may be worth byo next time.

I have my laporoscopy on the 7th so after that we just have to sit and wait fro another 5 months.

At least i have a few renovation things to keep me occupied for a little while. Also i'm trying to get some savings behind us for when all goes to plan and i will be a stay at home mum for a while i think B is getting a bit sick of me already questioning every expenditure lucky she loves me
    Last edited by Sareeb77; 27-08-2012 at 20:07. Reason: edit info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's been a while and not much has changed but tomorrow is our final mandatory counselling session . I understand they are a requirement of law however i think they could be setup a little differently. Our counsellor spent our first session explaining the whole process to us even though we had told he we knew the process, the second session she asked a few questions about our families and what we would be telling the children about their conception and what we would be calling M.
    B is quite bored by the whole process and the counsellor asked her what her involvement is and how she will feel, B told her she'll turn up when and where i tell her she needs to be until we actually get the BFP then her excitement will kick in until then she's just going with the flow.
    We have a first round date which will be mid April . I went and picked up the pill the other day and will start taking it next month i'm terrible with taking tablets so i'm going to have to set an alarm to remind me to take it everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What a journey! for a BFP very soon!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...what a lengthy process....it must be driving u nuts!
    Wont be long now though by reading your post.
    my partner and I have had one successful round..resulting in our lil' birdy girl, born 2011..love it so much that we are currently one day into the dreaded TWW of round two.
    egg collection etc in Brisbane with unknown donor...makes it a bit faster than what u are going through...
    it is an adventure....one that is just so worth it
    Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayez2000 For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things are chugging along and we now have 65 days until our first attempt . I started taking the pill yesterday in order to get my cycle on track. We have our appointment in 38 days with the fertility nurse to get all the other drugs. I'm starting to get a bit nervous & excited when i first started this thread I thought it would be the slowest & frustrating process but all in all it has gone pretty quick & we're counting down the days.

I've started the Michelle Bridges 12WBT in order to shed 10 kgs before we start and this is the first week. Ive tried so many different ways to drop the weight but this one seems so good and the support is excellent. B is on board to help also and we have been walking nearly every night so she too can drop a few kgs not that she really needs too.

M has been away for work so we havent seen him for about 4 weeks which is not the norm for us and he will be away for another 4 weeks from Monday. I told him I don't care where he is for work the week we start he will need to have at least D day off and if & be with us.

I've shared the news with my boss P as she is so easy to talk to, she was a nurse & with needing the days off all the time for appointments I think she would have been getting a bit annoyed. P is a bit of a cryer so when i told her she got tears in her eyes and she is so excited for us.

An old work friend and her partner just had a beautiful baby girl & hopefully this time next year that'll be us.

Stay tuned the ride's about to get to the exciting bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a minor melt down Thursday when we received some info from the clinic. We had met with someone from financial department at our first counselling session back in November and i asked them to give me a "no more to pay" figure for the first round. I made it quite clear to include everything i wanted no suprises & so we could work out our budget. So with the $9500 figure in writing we set off to budget and had the amounts sorted for each payment instalment.
    A package arrived from the clinic some further consent forms, medicare stuff & then the stinger was the credit card payment authority it had the 2 inslatment amounts & then i look further down the page & "see cost of drugs" $3000 - $4000 at that point my heart nearly jumped out of my chest i started feeling sick and the tears were flowing. I asked B to check through everything & asked her if she remembered any mention of that she didn't.
    Needless to say i had a sleepless night all i kept thinking was we will have to postpone, what's the point obviously it's a sign, how are we going to be able to get the money etc.
    B was trying to calm me down she told me not to worry she would figure something out. Our roles all of a sudden reversed.
    I tried to call the clinic to get it straightened out & see wether it was a mistake or not but no answer. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the service we are receiving as I have tried to call this nurse (who is not the nurse assigned to us) at the clinic 15 times over 2 weeks & have had no response however he voice message changes daily advising what time she will be in the office taking calls until. Anyway back to the matter at hand. I told B I couldn't get through & I was away for work for the day & couldnt do anythign else.
    B calls & leaves a message saying don't stress we have the money she has been to the bank & they have a flexi loan which is just like a line of credit you get approved for an amount & you can use it & repay it as many time as you like which is great because if we dont need it for treatment or "cost of drugs" we can get a few things finished on the house before we get a. My heart has started beating again.
    Has anyone else had unexpected financial extras pop up after they have been given costings of their treatment? We had figured an extra $1000 just in case but $3000-$4000 is a bit too much just to spring on us!
    Hopefully I can get a return call from the clinic on Monday & get it sorted!