+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default He wants her to live with him...

Dd's BF hasnt been supportive in the last 6 years of DDs life. We divorced when DD was 2.5yrs old. So for 3.5yrs (and before that really!!) ive been looking after DD on my own. DD has multiple health and development issues, including autism.

DD is in special ed prep, and see's BF 1/2 of each school holidays. We live 8hr apart, and when DD went to visit BF this school holidays, he noticed she's not up to the level that his prep age step son is.

BF called me tonight (1st time since he's had DD over two weeks ago) and said that he's been looking into the school his SS goes to and suggested DD goes to live with him to attend that school.

Ummm.... DD has so much support here with therapists, her ECDP, me doing sooo much extra academic intervention at home.

There is no way I will let that happen, he can't just uphaul her from the school she knows, on a 50/50 chance she might do a bit better at another school.

DD has never been at age appropriate developmental level, and seriously, i never expect her to be exactly like other kids her age. Her IQ was just tested and she scored 74 (average is 100, special school elegibility is 70).

Am i being unreasonable here? Or am i right in thinking that she needs to stay with me? There are way less services out when BF lives. Thats the reason we moved her 18months ago!!

We have consent orders that state DD lives with me in this town, so unless he takes this issue to court, I will not send her to live with him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LivinOnAPrayer For This Useful Post:

lovemybabies!  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a ridiculous load of crap. Just ignore him, and if he's serious he'll take it to court, at which point a judge will not likely appoint him custody or even 50/50 baed on the living situations, supports you have set up, the fact you left that area to get the supports, etc. I know it's hard to ignore people, but seriously, he needs to get a life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flyawayfree For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (17-07-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_star323 View Post
    What a ridiculous load of crap. Just ignore him, and if he's serious he'll take it to court, at which point a judge will not likely appoint him custody or even 50/50 baed on the living situations, supports you have set up, the fact you left that area to get the supports, etc. I know it's hard to ignore people, but seriously, he needs to get a life.
    This! A thousand times this!!! Good luck to him.

What a tool! Actually, scrap that cos tools are useful!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (17-07-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So im right??
    The whole idea does not sit well with me at all. Theres no chance thats hapening. I emailed him after we spoke and explained exactly about the support and her school and everything like that so if he checks his emails he'll get my answer. I gave him DD's teachers name and phone number (which i've done on numerous occassions but obviously that went over the head) and said to have a chat to her and discuss you concerns and they might be able to put some things into practice to apease him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Aw, hugs. Must be such a scary thing to have to deal with xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course you're right, even I'd she didn't have autism and other things you mentioned it would be a major upheaval and emotionally unfair on your DD for her to just all of a sudden be away from her primary caregiver ie you, for 3 months at a time.

Her sperm donor hasn't thought this through at all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only way he will get your DD is if he can take you to court and PROVE you are SERIOUSLY UNFIT as a mother.

Given the circumstances; he's going to end up with some great egg on his face.

I wouldn't stress - consent orders state she's with you - so what I said above is the ONLY way he could ever change that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Could you invite him to your town for a few days so he can visit your Daughters school/take her
    To her therapist/help you with some of the intervention at home?

He probably has no real idea how hard you are working to help your daughter. Involving him
    May help stop any bs custody claim
    Before it starts.

If by some small chance your ex refuses your offer, that will
    Not look good on him in court.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol ViPark, thats a great idea, as BF would never bother. I know without a doubt he wouldnt, because all DD's life he's been invited to attend each and every appointment she''s ever had and he's never bothered. He didnt even bother when we were together, even for surgeries!!

Thats what i thought Blue&Pink. They wont take her off me on an off chance she might learn a little more at a different school hey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Thats what i thought Blue&Pink. They wont take her off me on an off chance she might learn a little more at a different school hey...
    Exactly!