+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Just a quick one before I update this arvo (hopefully this will help some people).

When I don't want to exercise or REALLY want to eat something I shouldn't, I sit down and think about it. Really focus on the "i just don't want to" feeling. Actually let yourself feel it but do NOT allow yourself to feel guilt or regret for feeling that way. Just really feel the emotion.

Them when you're spent 5 or 6 minutes feeling that way you'll often find that it's much easier to get up and do it.

It's because you've actually stopped that rolling ball of guilt before it gets started. You're acknowledged your feelings about it rather than trying to bury it and ignore it, making you feel resentful about it.
    It's ok to not want to work out but for some reason we tell ourselves it's not ok to feel that way. Then we feel guilty for feeling guilty. Then the regretful "well see? I KNEW I wasn't going to do it" kicks in.

Stop the guilt from happening at all because that's the biggest road block. Feel lazy. Feel tired. Have a mini three year old style temper tantrum in you head. It really helps, I promise!
    Love it, thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Well I have been doing ok so far food wise though yesterday I had a small bar of chocolate but it was dark chocolate so not as bad I guess. I have been doing some exercise but not a lot due to some back issues really need to get into the pool but hard with a 1 year old.
    Those who tend to grab the wrong foods when snacking. I have just brought a packet of sunflower seeds I love them and if I feel like I'm searching for food I just get a handful of them and snack on those.
    I am not a big water drinker so if I drink some it's better than nothing I find it hard to drink water this time of year.
    EKO: What sort of shakes were you doing. I just can't believe the prices of them.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually use a protein powder rather than a meal replacement shake because it's heaps cheaper and tastes better. You just have to find a good one that has all the minerals etc in it. And make sure you have a good multi vitamin.
    I use cell biology slow release protein powder and it's awesome .
    That being said I have done the tony ferguson and celebrity slim diets before. TF was great but quite exxy. I didn't really loose any weight on CS, and they have very little support.

I generally wouldn't recommend a protein shake diet unless you know what you're doing though because it can be quite bad for you if you don't have a solid knowledge of nutrition.
    Meal replacement shake diets are usually a bit different because they are generally just low cal rather than the very low carb AND low cal of a high protein diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko your advice is so true.

I nearly gave up, my little one had other ideas this morning other than letting me have a workout. But I was lucky DH came home ( I'm lucky he works for himself so had a gap in his day) so i handed DD to him and said I need 15 mins. Did a quick 15 minute sprint on the treadmill so it was better than nothing, I still have the school pickup to do later as well. Now I just fed DD and she is asleep hoping I can put her down successfully so i can have a shower and get out of the gym clothes.

Day 4 for me is looking good, hope everyone else is having a good day also!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alycef123 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (26-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    cakester - Sunflower seeds are a great idea, the husks have good fibre and they have great oils in them. And they're tasty too! A similar snack is pepitas (baked pumpkin seeds) which are just as tasty

alycef - Well done on grabbing that 15 minutes. And good work on a good day four!

AFM, good day here also. I have to admit I haven't been exercising. A combo of things really, but mostly after so many months of ttc I'm paranoid about overheating hurting our chances. I should be walking at least though so I'll be starting that tomorrow.

I made the baked zucchini with Parmesan tonight and it was UHMAYZING. Definitely a firm favorite, DH loved it too ^.^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I actually use a protein powder rather than a meal replacement shake because it's heaps cheaper and tastes better. You just have to find a good one that has all the minerals etc in it. And make sure you have a good multi vitamin.
    I use cell biology slow release protein powder and it's awesome .
    That being said I have done the tony ferguson and celebrity slim diets before. TF was great but quite exxy. I didn't really loose any weight on CS, and they have very little support.

I generally wouldn't recommend a protein shake diet unless you know what you're doing though because it can be quite bad for you if you don't have a solid knowledge of nutrition.
    Meal replacement shake diets are usually a bit different because they are generally just low cal rather than the very low carb AND low cal of a high protein diet.
    My DH uses a slow release protein after workouts as well as a regular one throughout the day. He has a pretty heavy weightlifting schedule though, so has them in addition to a balanced diet.

I've never really had the determination to meal replace properly, though I can see that it could work very well.

Myself, I hadn't eaten until 3.30 today (grueling work day), even then it was just some celery with hommus.

So I decided to treat myself to a small serving of Thai green curry and rice accompanied by a couple of glasses of red. Feeling very bloated now!!

No exercise today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    niknak its the milo / cornflake combo that makes me gag! long as u like it though lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Haha! It is weird..but it just tastes like a chocolate milkshake, only crunchie!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Niknak0013 For This Useful Post:

grumpysmurf  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I be added too? My pledge is 5kg by the 1st sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg i have "toilet legs" u know when u exercise and the next day it KILLS to lower down to the loo . i decided to do a few squats n lunges yesterday, actually i did so few that really its a bit embarrassing to be so sore from it today

Thanks
    Reviews
    where are all u slackers today?