+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post

@ Niknak - I find if I eat breakfast that I am heaps better at not snacking in the afternoon so it's def a good start. If you take the junk out of your house will you still be tempted to eat it? I can have junk in the house and not eat it but DH has to throw it out if he is being healthy as he finds it too tempting.
    I won't eat it if it's in the house. But dp has a massive sweet tooth & if I voice what I'm craving, he will come back from the shop with it ie: chocolate (my biggest weakness!) I've told him that I'm trying to eat healthy & loose weight, since we got together in 2008 I put on 15-20kgs & I want to get back to my pre relationship weight because it's hurting our relationship because I don't want him touching me.

A late addition to our dinner last night - steamed corn on the cob (Yummo!!) & steamed carrot mmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Well here we are on day 3. I'm feeling positive and really looking forward to seeing some results.

I do have one small problem, and that is my morning coffee. I have a coffee machine and every morning as soon as DD drifts off for her morning sleep I make myself a delicious soy latte. The problem is that a serve of soy milk has about 5g of fat and I feel as though just by having this one coffee I am potentially sabotaging all my good efforts! I also have a teaspoon of sugar in it and I just can't seem to bring myself to cut it down

Yesterday I tried Vitasoy skinny which is 99% fat free or something, but it was GROSS. Tasted awful and went all curdly and separated into little grainy-looking bits. Does anyone know of a soy milk that is low fat and works in coffee without separating? I guess I could just use skinny milk, but I just really don't like cow's milk coffees any more. And not having a coffee in the mornings is simply not an option for me!

Also, I came across this website yesterday that has lots of great recipes: http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/ I am making Eko's lentil curry tonight (and will have tonight and tomorrow night), and from Friday will start trying some recipes from this site. I hope I am allowed to post this link - I checked the BH rules and I think it's ok.

Goodluck to all for today - stick to it and think about how amazing we'll all feel by 1 September if we can keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    @AllCreatures - I want Oscar's Law too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brekky this morning..soy milk, milo, cornflakes & natural yoghurt..it would taste delicious...but it's a bit sour. I think the yoghurt is off??? but it smells ok! Round two without yoghurt..fingers crossed!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! Not the yoghurt..smelt the soy milk & yuck!! There goes smoothie number two! :-( so there's one meal that has been skipped :-( on the upside, doing soooo much better on the water front! I've drunk half a litre in 10 mins. I'm soooooo thirsty today! Let's just hope I can keep it up :-) need ideas for lunch if any body is around! Im thinking a tuna pasta of some sort..but knowing me, I won't feel like tuna. I hate being a fussy eater!

Sorry for all the posts! (you better get used to my rambling!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is what im eating right now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Attached Images

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-07-2012),grumpysmurf  (25-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a breakthrough today! Well two actually.
    I noticed that while I'm still getting hungry, it's no longer a "man I could eat a stale loaf of bread" hunger.
    The other thing is that I worked out that I can have half of my lunchtime shake as a milk substitute in my coffee.

It sweetens it and gets rid of the bitterness so even though it's still quite dark it's not anywhere near as sharp as black coffee. I've been trying to work out how to get rid of extra carbs from my diet as I'm low-carbing as well as low cal and that's definitely a big help

Low carb is definitely the way for me so finding easier ways to do things makes me happy.

How's everyone doing today? Don't forget to do your workout if you're exercising!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Welcome Alphabetsoup

The recipe I use is here:

• 1 large onion, chopped
      1 cup red lentils
      1 clove (or more) garlic, chopped
      1/2 t. cumin seed
      1/4 t. coriander seed
      1 t. fenugreek seed
      1/4 t. turmeric
      1-2 t. chilli (more if you like it hot)
      1/2 t. cayenne pepper
      1/4 - 1/2 t. ginger paste
      1 T. tomato paste
      1 Large tin of chopped tomatos, preferably salt reduced
      2 - 4 cups low salt vegetable or beef stock. Beef makes it heartier, but vegetable is also good.
    You can use regular pepper if you don't have cayenne, I regularly do and it's just as nice

Try to use whole spices rather than the pre-ground stuff, it's MUCH nicer.

Method:

Put the fenugreek, corriander, and cumin into a dry pan and dry roast until the oils are released. The smell of the spices wafting up is generally a good indication of when they're ready. If you burn them, start again. You REALLY don't want to use burnt spices!
    Once they're toasted, crush them with a mortar and pestle or spice crusher (a coffee grinder works wonders too). Put into a small bowl, and add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper (or regular pepper) and chilli and mix it all together.

Put the olive oil in a pan and sweat off your onion. A little bit of colour is good, but you basically want it translucent. A little caramel colour is fine.
    Put the spice mix into the pan with the onion, and cook it on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. This is to help the flavours develop.

After 2-3 minutes, put in your lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock. You want enough water to go up to your second knuckle when you put your finger in and touch the lentils.
    Stir, and allow to simmer for 20ish minutes. You'll know it's done when the lentils are soft and most of the liquid has reduced away. Keep an eye on it as you may need to add a little more water depending on the lentils you use as it cooks, but more often than not the only thing you need to do is give it the occasional stir.
    If you like, you can add sweet potato or pumpkin to keep it low GI or regular potato if you're not worried about the GI factor. If you do, just add a half cup or so more water.
    Serve on rice, or if you don't like rice you can either serve it on some steamed green veg or even just eat it as is .

This curry is PARTICULARLY nice the next day, in fact I regularly make it up and then leave it in the fridge overnight to serve for dinner the next day. Adding lots of chilli helps to ramp up your metabolism, so don't hold back if you can handle the heat ^.^
    Eko, I'm just about to start making this. Does the "t." stand for teaspoon or tablespoon??? Hope you're around! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone!

bubs has come down with an ear infection, and I was meant to go and buy new sneakers on the weekend, which didn't happen, so my start to the c25K program has had a very bad start!

you are all doing well though, enjoying reading your posts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everyone seems to be off to a great start!!

I managed to get to the gym today for 30mins of Cycling and 20mins of rowing, then came home and walked the hounds.

I'm still feeling a bit flat and my appetite hasn't come back properly yet.... Look out for me when it does! I'll have to use my willpower to not eat the entire contents of the fridge!

I'm having a simple Spinach and Cottage cheese wrap for tea tonight.

I am one to struggle with water intake. I could easily go 4/5 hours without drinking. I really need to pay this some attention!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How did everyone's day three go?

Niknak - Tell your DP that if he wants more nookie, he needs to stop feeding you 'treats'! *chuckle*. Rats about the morning smoothie, although you should have had something anyway. Eating revs up your metabolism so that you start to burn energy

AllCreatures - Ack, I have the same problem with the morning coffee. I've had to slowly ween myself off so that I only have one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. Wow, that's still quite a lot. Heh. How'd the curry go?
    Also, the little t. is teaspoon, big T. is tablespoon Sorry it took me so long to see that!

Kiplusthree - Your lunch looks FANTASTIC! I'd just had my shake when I saw that and thought "This is the first time so far I wish I was having that instead of my shake!".

MissSooky - Aw I'm sorry to hear about your munchkin, it's definitely no good when they're ill And don't worry, there's still time to start c25k

Jakois - Good work on the exercise front. I had a solution for myself with the water consumption thing. I got a 1L water bottle and made sure I drank it all by the end of lunch. Then I'd refill it and make sure that was all drunk by dinner. That way it's easier to keep track

AFM, I'm particularly pleased with not being quite so hungry. And my rings are loose again which is always a good sign. I was supposed to get on the treadmill today but I didn't because I spent almost the whole day nearly falling asleep, so I decided to give it a miss and do it tomorrow instead.
    Bad idea? Possibly. But I don't want to burn myself out too early .