+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking in! Way to go everyone on your progress! WHOOP! I have been bad -.- I did do some tummy crunches yesterday, I couldn't use my wii fit (no batteries) & I was going to walk down to the shops to buy some but the rain stopped me -.- I had cruskits for a snack, a small bowl of pasta for lunch & beef salad baguettes for dinner..honeycomb ice cream for dessert (I had to finish the last bit off)

Today I had 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, curried egg baguette for lunch & dinner is a bit naughty but dp doesnt get paid until tomorrow & it's all we have - steak & chips. But not the frozen chips, we cut up potatoes. I snacked on chocolate -.- no exercise today except for housework & I have only drunk 1 litre of water in 2 days.
    Someone help me?!
    I guess I'm doing better than what I usually do. I used to skip breakfast, snack on chips or biscuits through the day or nothing at all and wait until dinner for a proper meal. So I guess eating 3 meals a day is definitely a start.
    I thought I should take a picture of my dusty wii balance board, I thought it was too funny!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay well done to everyone who has already stuck it out for nearly two days, and welcome to everyone who is just joining!

Cakester, your avatar is killing me. I LOVE CAKE! You might need to change it to a picture of a salad

Eko I am making your lentil curry tomorrow, can't wait! Tonight we're having a chicken and vegie stack/bake thing. I've roasted zucchinis, eggplants and capsicums and have stacked them in a baking dish in layers along with some herbed chicken breast, fresh basil leaves, chillies, olives and feta cheese. Also chucked in a tin of chopped tomatoes for some liquid so it doesn't dry out. I was going to put a red onion and some garlic in too but I bl00dy forgot them! The fetta is a bit naughty - next time I'll leave that out for a fat-free, gluten and dairy free tasty meal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should have added earlier that I weighed myself this morning and I was 57.4kg. While I'm not really unhappy with this weight, I find that I can't really wear half the jeans and pants in my wardrobe as they are just a bit uncomfortably tight. I refuse to buy anymore pants when I have several pairs in my wardrobe so my aim is to get down to 55kg eventually as I know at that weight I can fit into my entire wardrobe. However, for now if I could get under 56.5kg I'd be really happy.
    So far exercise has been going good. I started the c25k again yesterday (back to week 3 when I was previously on the final week ) and today I did some weights. Also both days I have done some core exercises.
    My eating has been not so good. But it hasn't been as bad as in previous weeks so I aim to do better over the rest of the week.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    cakester - Ah Slim Right isn't too bad. I tried it at one point but unfortunately the taste got to me after a while. They're OK as a filler occasionally but for me if I'm using them for most meals of the day they're just not good enough lol. The protein powder I have at the moment is actually tasty enough that I'd happily use it as a milkshake base. SO good!

pinkorblue - Welcome to the nut house I've added you to the list, can't wait to see how you go.

Niknak - Whaaaaaaaaat are you doing?!! Your day was pretty good until you got to that icecream! I'm sure it's not a complete derail... But then chocolate? 1L of water in 2 days?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!! Just kidding lmao. It's not unusual to have difficult periods when you're still adjusting. Don't beat yourself up about it. Although one thing I will say is that one of the most empowering feelings I've ever had whilst trying to loose weight is throwing a chocolate bar in the bin. I didn't need it. I wanted it, but I didn't NEED it. I threw it away and felt amazing because I got over that "Can't waste it" urge.

AllCreatures - That chicken veggie stack sounds amazing. Like, REALLY amazing. We had teryaki chicken with salad tonight and it was awesome too *grin*.
    I've got a recipe for Parmesan crusted zucchini that I'm going to try on Friday. It's really simple, just slice the zucchini, sprinkle with good Parmesan, and bung it in the oven for a while. But it sounds like it would taste wonderful so I can't wait .

joolz - Welcome to the thread . I'm the same as you. I've refused to buy more clothing and I think that's the only thing that's stopped my weight from ballooning like mad. Small steps with the eating. As much as this challenge is a 6 week-er and therefore pretty short, changing the way you eat is a lifestyle change and it can take some time. I'm sure you'll get there and if you're already eating better than the last few weeks you're doing well .

I've realised I'm about 100 cals short of where I should be today so I'm going to have myself some more chia seeds to help with fiber factor. Shake diets can (way too tmi, but you'll get used to me!) plug you up faster than a bag of plaster of paris! Hehehehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,

I have been okay so far. Yesterday was easy as I was flat out at work and then had quality time with my niece so didnt think about snacking.

I have decided after reading some of the posts to use a calorie counter. Today hasnt been as good as yesterday but I havent gone over my allowed calories (only because I have allowed extra due to exercise today).

Question for those who use a calorie counter/tracker - do you enter your exercise and eat more on those days? Or are you meant to stick to the same calories.

Also I have a girls dinner tomorrow night at a thai restaurant - any suggestions on what to order? or should I just stick to smaller portions?

@ Niknak - I find if I eat breakfast that I am heaps better at not snacking in the afternoon so it's def a good start. If you take the junk out of your house will you still be tempted to eat it? I can have junk in the house and not eat it but DH has to throw it out if he is being healthy as he finds it too tempting.

@AllCreatures - I want Oscar's Law too :-)

@ Eko - I cant believe you have lost so much already, that's amazing, I didnt know shakes did that.

Good job everyone on all the hard work! Now let's keep it up!

I am off to walk the dog then to basketball. Will check in after to see how you are going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    all creatures yummo! that sounds delicious.

I've been hungry and can't stop thinking about food all arvo kept it healthy though and just had a light dinner to counteract. debating a low fat yogurt for dessert lol. no idea why im so starving suddenly? maybe its just my usual im bored and want to eat mindset?

eko u seem knowledgeable i have googled a few how many calories should i be eating to lose weight calculators etc and for 1) there's a fair bit of variation? and 2) its much higher than i thought it should be? maybe cause i have a lot to lose? starts me off slow? or can i just keep it down to 1200 cal anyway and ill just lose more? or does it not work that way? heeeeelp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Question for those who use a calorie counter/tracker - do you enter your exercise and eat more on those days? Or are you meant to stick to the same calories.
    It depends on the website that you're using. I use sparkpeople.com for calorie counting, and there's actually a report that you can run where it shows you... Well, I'll show you a copy of mine from yesterday, it should explain it better than I can:
    dif.jpg
    As you can see, it shows you how many calories I've eaten for the day, compared to how many calories my basal metabolic rate is (ie. the amount of calories I need to simply breath and have body functions like heart beating, cell replacement etc) and how many calories I've burnt through exercise.

As you can see, the difference between the two is approx. 850 cals. That means that with my BMR and exercise combined, I burnt 850 cals more than I consumed for the day.

Not all websites do that report, if you use another site like calorieking.com, I would enter the exercise as a -calorie amount so that you don't go under 1200 cals WITH exercise. Any less than that and your body might freak out and not shed weight.

Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Also I have a girls dinner tomorrow night at a thai restaurant - any suggestions on what to order? or should I just stick to smaller portions?
    I'd go with something that didn't have noodles or rice, like a chicken and vegetable dish. Ask for something that's not drowning in sauce if you can .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

SageS  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    all creatures yummo! that sounds delicious.

I've been hungry and can't stop thinking about food all arvo kept it healthy though and just had a light dinner to counteract. debating a low fat yogurt for dessert lol. no idea why im so starving suddenly? maybe its just my usual im bored and want to eat mindset?

eko u seem knowledgeable i have googled a few how many calories should i be eating to lose weight calculators etc and for 1) there's a fair bit of variation? and 2) its much higher than i thought it should be? maybe cause i have a lot to lose? starts me off slow? or can i just keep it down to 1200 cal anyway and ill just lose more? or does it not work that way? heeeeelp
    I'm the same! I just put it down to the fact that I'm hungry more often, and that's why I think of food more. I don't think about food at all until the hungries start! Lol.

I think with the BMR calculators it really depends on your age, height, and exercise level.
    I have a general rule of thumb when it comes to weightloss for women of child bearing ages:

1200 cals = Intensive weight loss. This is also a good level for people who are basically pretty low level activity wise like office workers, or SAHMs who don't do a lot of walking around outside etc.

1500 cals = Good for moderate weight loss. Appropriate for someone that is moderately active like a SAHM who likes to walk every day or someone who works out moderately 3-5 times a week (ie. still able to carry conversation while exercising, so not full on)

1800 cals - Light weight loss. Good for people who are quite active, and give it a fair bash at the gym (hard workouts) 5-7 days a week.

This will vary depending on your starting weight. For example if your BMI is over 30, I'd recommend starting at 1500 at a minimum. Ironically even though larger people need to loose weight for health, they also use more calories for their BMR than someone who weighs less than them.
    So if you're over 30 for your BMI, then 1500 is probably a good place to start.

If your BMI is under 30 then it won't hurt to start at 1200. But be aware that calorie counting takes tweaking. Everyone's body is different, and whilst 1200 calories might be just the right amount for me to loose weight, it might be too low and cause a freak out in someone else's body.

(Side note to anyone that might use this information: Obviously I'm not a nutritionist or medic, so I'm not a trained professional. I just know this stuff from sports science and my own research. So check with your doctor before you start a new diet!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

SageS  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday was my cheat day 15

So no exercise and I went really overboard.. Had 2 pieces garlic bread handful chips 2 lava cakes and a picnic bar!! Yikes!

Haha but today Im back to clean eating and did an awesome day!

1 1/2 km jog + 20 mins high intensity circuit training + cleaning all day!

Still at 59kg so not too much damage done

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Eko  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Niknak - Whaaaaaaaaat are you doing?!! Your day was pretty good until you got to that icecream! I'm sure it's not a complete derail... But then chocolate? 1L of water in 2 days?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!! Just kidding lmao. It's not unusual to have difficult periods when you're still adjusting. Don't beat yourself up about it. Although one thing I will say is that one of the most empowering feelings I've ever had whilst trying to loose weight is throwing a chocolate bar in the bin. I didn't need it. I wanted it, but I didn't NEED it. I threw it away and felt amazing because I got over that "Can't waste it" urge.
    [/QUOTE]

I know very bad #whoops. I'm slowly trying to get used to eating 3 meals a day & trying to make it healthy. But I find that if I completely go upside down & change everything straight away, I won't stick to it. So a gradual change for me I know I won't loose what I want to in 6 weeks, but loosing something is better than nothing! Happy day 3 everyone!!