+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hahaha yes, you can leave the fenugreek out, it's definitely not a recipe maker. Although if you do you may want to add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice just to add that extra level of flavor that the fenugreek would normally fill .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, the website has really had some issues huh?

How is everyone doing on day two? I'm REALLY hungry (totally normal for the first week of this diet for me) and ready to chew an arm off lol.

But it's not so bad I can't survive it. Had a 3km run yesterday, didn't wasn't to push too hard just yet. I'm stoked to announce that when I weighed myself this morning I found that I've already lost 1.8kg! It's only water weight I know, but it's so encouraging to see and makes it all feel worthwhile. My clothes fit better already too!

So, have you all gotten your exercise in, or been keeping to your plans? If not, don't panic and don't give up! We're only in day 2 of 42! That's stacks of time to catch up

Gotta be in it to win it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there can I join I have already started so I'm into day 2 I have over 40 kgs to lose but in this challenge I am aiming 4-6 kilos. I am doing shakes healthy snacks and a normal dinner though smaller portions. I have a back issue so am gradually getting into exercise even walking can cause pain so am aiming for 20 minutes a day. I have exercised the last 2 days so all is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going well for day 2 diet going well downloaded an app for my phone so I keep track of calories only went over by a couple so I think that is a good start. Also done my grocery shop yesterday all fruit and veg no junk food so that will keep me in line kids were a bit disappointed though I don't buy any chips and bars I'm making them eat healthier as well.
    I haven't done much exercise I'm glad my daughters school is a 10 minute walk and parking is a nightmare there so I have no choice but to go for a walk and pick her up otherwise I wouldn't done any exercise I have done a vigorous vacuuming session this morning so I hope that counts as exercise as well
    I weighed myself this morning I have lost 1.5kg since Monday last week so I am happy with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone! lots of us joining which is great. im actually on day 11 started last week and am happy to say that 'im hungry all the time cause im bored ' feeling is passing.
    i feel really good. been eating really good and mostly keeping it to 1200 cal a day.
    started exercising yesty so thats only day 2. today i couldn't wait to do it and now i feel great and determined not to blow it by snacking all arvo.
    i have a lot of weight to lose so think ill try breaking it up into mini goals as the total 35 odd kgs is too overwhelming.
    so what's for lunch? im gonna have a roast beef tomato light cheese and wholegrain mustard wrap. yummo. trying to hold out till one for it as i do most of my food damage from 3pm onwards so just trying to close the gap between meals a little. I've been trying to have a health snack around 3/4 pm.
    so far the best thing im doing is groceries every few days instead of weekly so i find im doing a lot less binging as it isn't there. and also im just not buying any rubbish. so whole family has to only eat healthy with me or they get their own treat at school or work or whatever. i find if its here i just can't help but eat it but i rarely bother to put kids in car etc and go get rubbish.
    so far im down 2 kgs

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can finally log into BH! Wowzers with the tech issues!

I've been stuck on the couch/in the toilet with Gastro since yesterday morning. DD was sick yesterday as well

I haven't given any thought to food, other then some veggie soup & toast yesterday, then an apple today. Feeling a bit better though, so dinner might be on the cards.

I won't bother weighing myself for the next week, as I know I'd have lost a lot of fluid over the last two days, so it won't be an accurate weightless figure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I know I'm a little late but I hope it's ok if I join in. I don't have much weight to lose, my main aim in the 6 weeks is to stop moving in the other direction, stop binging on sweets and start exercising again.
    I was doing really well earlier this year, the fittest and strongest I've ever been (although that's not saying much as I've never really been into exercising). Anyway, for the last 2 months I've done basically no exercise and eaten countless numbers of licorice allsorts and chocolate .
    So, I aim to lose 1kg during this challenge but more importantly get back to a regular exercise and healthy eating routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cakester69 - Shakes are great aren't they! Are you using a program? Or just protein shakes? I'm a wealth of information on most shake diets (because I've done 'em all with varying success lol) so if you want any tips like low carb meals etc. I'd be happy to help out Well done on your two days of exercise so far, but don't forget to rest. If you've had back troubles leading to pain, you'll need to give your body time to adapt and that means recovery time!

alycef - I use an app for calorie counting too. It makes things a lot more black and white and when I started to track everything that went into my mouth I realised just how much I've been overeating each day. I was horrified! And it's good about having that 10 minute walk (hey, that's 20 minutes in the day there and back!). Incidental exercise can be such a big help.

grumpy - Booyah lady ^.^ That lunch sounds amazing. It's seeing things like that that make me wish I wasn't on what is essentially a liquid diet *chuckle*. Although frankly I need the discipline of it at the moment, and I know that once I've dropped the weight I want to get rid of I can eat normal food again. Well done on your tready effort today too by the way! I hope you drank heaps of water.

Jakois - Arg, those tech problems were killing me! I just wanted to log in and see how everyone was doing and make sure that people weren't getting discouraged if they were having a hard time and BH WOULDN'T LET ME IN!!! Lmao. I'm so sorry you've been sick, that's terrible news I think weighing yourself on the Monday is a good idea. Especially given you've been sick, a lot of people retain water weight when they're sick even though they loose a lot of fluids.

joolz - Of course you're welcome to join! The only day that's too late is the last day of the challenge Getting back to good habits can be just as hard as loosing weight, I know. So don't worry, you're not the only one trying to get back on the exercise bandwagon *chuckle*.

AFM, I've had a good day. I'm still in 'always-hungry-always-thinking-about-food-when-can-I-have-my-next-shake' stage, that will last me at least a week I think. But that's ok, I've lived through it before and I will do again .

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 1.8kg since yesterday but I'm almost certain it's 99% water weight. I almost always loose 4-5kg in the first week of starting on a shake diet because my body just wants to ditch all of the retained water. So it's really no great thing lol.

For my only solid meal of the day (4 shakes throughout the day otherwise) DH has made teryaki chicken that he's going to pan fry and we'll have it with salad. I'm quite pleased with DH, he's on the same diet as me (sans exercise, one demon at a time if you please as far as he's concerned lol) and he's already lost about 3kg.
    He's right into the healthy meals etc. at the moment, so it's really helping me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    EKO I am just doing the slim right shakes as they are the cheapest around just having fruit or cracker with 100% peanut peanut butter for protein for snacks and plenty of water the toilet an I have become great friends lol. I am not a huge fan of shakes but find with them I don't have to think about what to eat. I am having a normal meal for dinner tonight it's spag Bol but just a small bowl. I find that when I know I am trying to lose weight I think about food more often I don't know why that happens, but when I eat what I want I don't seem to think of food weird huh.
    I have a few errands to do tomorrow so will rest from exercise except what my physio has given me which I have been so slack doing for my back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay I'm in 2 days behind starting tomorrow morning. Current weight 79.6 goal weight 65. Goal weight for this challange 72 will be cutting down portion sizes and exercising my body has no idea what that word is at the moment have been sooo slack. Good luck every1. Great thread and well done to every 1 who has had losses yay!!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub
    Last edited by pinkorblue; 01-08-2012 at 11:16.