+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alycef123 View Post
    Hi

I would like to join the challenge also I would really like to lose 11 but realistically 6 kg in 6 weeks. My little girl is just over six weeks so feel ready to exercise have already started to reduce my portion sizes and eat healthier but it's my birthday today and we went away for the night last night and so have not been eating the healthiest this weekend. Tomorrow will be the perfect time to really kickstart losing some of this baby weight so I can stop wearing maternity clothes and in six weeks reward myself with a shopping spree ready for spring!
    Happy birthday!!

I would most definitely love to participate! Overall I would love to loose 20kgs..I think..I don't own scales so it's a bit hard. But if I start by eating a little bit more healthier & want to walk with dd and on the wii every day. Dd is 7 weeks old and I don't feel the slightest bit "sexy" lol I have bits hanging out everywhere! I also want to do some sit ups to try and tone up as well :-) I'm feeling quite normal now so it's time to get my body looking normal :-)

I will buy scales! I promise ;-) haha

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to everyone signing up! I'm so glad to see such an enthusiastic turn out, it's much easier to stay on track if there's a few people keeping an eye on you and your progress .
    I'll make up a graph for the front post so that when people weigh in I can update it for you so that you'll see your progress alongside everyone else's.

There's still time to join so if you're having a look at the thread and saying "Should I?" then YES, you should! *grin*. If you're worried about not knowing how to get started, you can join sparkpeople.com (the alternate for pregnant ladies is babyfit.com) where there's heaps of exercise tips and suggestions along with a food tracking program that shows you how much you're eating.

They're free to use and have fantastic food ideas for those nights when you just can't work out what to eat. You don't have to have special foods etc. to improve your diet, you can just enter what you're eating into their trackers and that alone will tell you how much you should be having.
    It might be enough to convince you that you really shouldn't eat that WHOLE pack of Tim Tams...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wrote a huge post last night but it wouldn't load..so just a quick one this morning to say I'm signing up.

DD is two weeks old today, and whilst I want to lose 15 kgs total, I'm only going to aim for 5 kgs for the six weeks...my lady-bits are still on the mend and I think gentle walks are all I'll manage to begin with!

So, I'm committing to at least one 30 min walk with pram each day, and a 'clean eating' plan...I'm still going to eat when I'm hungry, but I'm going to limit the choccie bikkies and other unhealthy treats and stick to fresh fruits and vegies. Hopefully the constant breastfeeding helps it along!

I think my biggest hurdle will be the lack of sleep I'm getting, but hopefully now that DF is back to work we can develop some semblance of routine that can include a daily walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi cakish my bub is 4 weeks so im in a similar boat, cant do anything hardcore till my belly gap closes..

I was down to 58 yesterday.but 59 today. My weight fluctuates up and down about 2kg all the time.

Todays my first cheat day from the start of my challenge (day 15) ive had a banana, a no fat yoghurt (forme) special K and a coffee so far.. Much more then my usuall breakkie of oats and water or boiled egg and spinach + water!

Yesterday I did my 3k jog but this time it took me 22 mins (last week.19mins) I slacked off alot because for some reason i just didnt have the same.willpower yesterday.. Next sunday im aiming for 17mins

I hope everyone is enjoying there weighloss/healthy eating journey I love all the fresh foods and how energetic it makes me feel! (which helps with a 4 week old!)

I really do a.cheat day once every 15 days but doesnt mean i pig out on whatever.. Just slightly less strict on how much food i eat and allow the choice of.one treat ie:choc bar

But if i dnt feel like one i dnt have one, then wait till next treat day

Sometimes i slip up a little in between.. For example last 15 days i slipped up once overate good foods and had a handful of twisties at one point

Its hard to feel fully into it while still up all night with bubs and unable to weight/circuit train. Im looking forward to all 3 bubs sleepong.through so i can get up before them at 5am mon-fri and do 20 mins curcuit/tabata training

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning everyone! Cake, when I get home I'll update to put you on the list

So we're all systems go today. I'm already feeling the hunger pinch, but I will survive lol. I'll be going for a run this afternoon. I tried DHs stationery bike on the weekend and hated it! It felt like so much work for so little calorie burn. Back to running for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the hardest part was getting out of bed. I was so warm!! But I've had breakfast - porridge. I do add extra milk (full cream :-/) afterwards & usually a couple of tablespoons of sugar, but today I skipped out on the sugar :cheerleader: I got out the wii fit balance board & dusted it off. Turned the wii on & my controller is flat so that is now charging while I do some housework. Here's some photos of day one! PLEASE excuse the messy room & stretch marks.. #embarrassed #motivation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha sorry Nik, but that photo of the dusty wii fit board is just classic! It definitely is a representative picture of how I've felt about my fitness lately.

And good on you on two counts, firstly on dodging those nasty sugar calories (that's 32 calories for two level teaspoons!) And also posting your pictures. It will be fantastic to see your after photos .

Edit to add: Whoa, TABLEspoons? Even better! You're just cut out 108 high GI, energy spiking (and then plummeting!) calories! And that's providing you have level spoonfuls, not heaped.
    To give you an idea, on an aggressive weight loss program (which I'm on now) I eat 1200 calories a day. 100 calories is a midmorning snack for me, and you've just been chucking that on top of your porridge in the morning *chuckle*.

Until I started counting calories I had NO idea just how much energy I was consuming in a day.
    Last edited by Eko; 23-07-2012 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I was feeling last night I thought I might bail. But as it's getting to the stage that I'm scared I will break a chair if I sit on it, now might be the time to act!!

I've had a yoghurt this morning and I'm thinking of making some porridge for dd and I. I used to put mixed berries on it but I'm thinking of apple and cinnamon. Just some grated apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cinnamon is meant to help regulate blood sugar levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you Melb I know what it's like. After all, if you don't start you can't fail right? But if you DO start at least you have a chance to succeed! If you don't start there's no chance at all of success.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 74.7kg . Might not seem bad to some people but I was happy at 67kg and I feel like I'm weighed down.
    This challenge should keep me on the straight and narrow no matter how hungry I'll be in the first week or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Welcome Alphabetsoup

The recipe I use is here:

• 1 large onion, chopped
      1 cup red lentils
      1 clove (or more) garlic, chopped
      1/2 t. cumin seed
      1/4 t. coriander seed
      1 t. fenugreek seed
      1/4 t. turmeric
      1-2 t. chilli (more if you like it hot)
      1/2 t. cayenne pepper
      1/4 - 1/2 t. ginger paste
      1 T. tomato paste
      1 Large tin of chopped tomatos, preferably salt reduced
      2 - 4 cups low salt vegetable or beef stock. Beef makes it heartier, but vegetable is also good.
    You can use regular pepper if you don't have cayenne, I regularly do and it's just as nice

Try to use whole spices rather than the pre-ground stuff, it's MUCH nicer.

Method:

Put the fenugreek, corriander, and cumin into a dry pan and dry roast until the oils are released. The smell of the spices wafting up is generally a good indication of when they're ready. If you burn them, start again. You REALLY don't want to use burnt spices!
    Once they're toasted, crush them with a mortar and pestle or spice crusher (a coffee grinder works wonders too). Put into a small bowl, and add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper (or regular pepper) and chilli and mix it all together.

Put the olive oil in a pan and sweat off your onion. A little bit of colour is good, but you basically want it translucent. A little caramel colour is fine.
    Put the spice mix into the pan with the onion, and cook it on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. This is to help the flavours develop.

After 2-3 minutes, put in your lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock. You want enough water to go up to your second knuckle when you put your finger in and touch the lentils.
    Stir, and allow to simmer for 20ish minutes. You'll know it's done when the lentils are soft and most of the liquid has reduced away. Keep an eye on it as you may need to add a little more water depending on the lentils you use as it cooks, but more often than not the only thing you need to do is give it the occasional stir.
    If you like, you can add sweet potato or pumpkin to keep it low GI or regular potato if you're not worried about the GI factor. If you do, just add a half cup or so more water.
    Serve on rice, or if you don't like rice you can either serve it on some steamed green veg or even just eat it as is .

This curry is PARTICULARLY nice the next day, in fact I regularly make it up and then leave it in the fridge overnight to serve for dinner the next day. Adding lots of chilli helps to ramp up your metabolism, so don't hold back if you can handle the heat ^.^
    Thank you!! =D Can I skip the fenugreek? I already have an oversupply and really don't want to risk increasing it further lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub