+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,

How is everyone going?

@ All Creatures your food looks amazing, Good on you for resisting the cakes - I find that soooo hard. I'm in Melb as well and I have to ssay it is veyr cold. I really need to go for a jog today but it looks so cold outside. I also have an exercise DVD that I can do but do you think I have tried to do it. Nope.

@ Eko, hope you are feeling less tired I once read some research that said that women who are UTD are generally programmed to think they need more food intake. On top of that when we are tired we are more programmed to look for high energy foods to keep us going. The article went onto say that education is the key around what women need when UTD, I think it was something about protein, moderate exercise and sleep. So those meal plans you are talking about sound the way to go. You can do it. I know you can. You need to head into that brain of yours and turn the internal junk food switch off. Then use your really good thinking strategy you suggested on an earlier thread.

AFM: i have started to fall off the badwagon and I am really worried I will have gained before weigh in. I have had a good reflect on it all and I have decided to joing the 12WBT that Michelle Bridges does. I think I need a more intensive program to keep me on track. As part of the challenge we have to tell people our commitment. So I thought I would jump on here and tell you. My commitment is to lose 10kilograms and to run a 10kilometre fun run. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

Hopefully I will be able to stay on track through this thread till it starts in a few weeks and lose some more of the weight I need too.

Hope people have been able to stay on track this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladeeeeeez

@Eko, thanks heaps for updating the table. Looks like only a few of us are still posting... I really hope some of us make it to the end of the challenge because I'm actually really enjoying it!

@Sage, would you believe it I actually did get around to firing up the Xbox and doing some living-room zumba, haha. I did three sessions in a row.... only problem is they only go for 3 minutes each Ah well.... I guess nine minutes of zumba is better than nine minutes of sitting on my bum, right?

AFM (I have no idea what AFM stands for but I'm guessing it means I'm addressing everyone? ). I am still going along nicely food wise and have upped the exercise a little bit with some really good walks the last few days (and the aforementioned nine minutes of zumba ). I am actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as I think my clothes are feeling
    very slightly looser now than they did at the beginning of the week. for a good loss

I'm about to have home made pumpkin soup for dinner. DH will have a yummy crusty buttered roll with his, but I will just look on jealously while eating my slice of burgen bread with tahini

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for not posting last week it was a hectic one.
    Since I last posted I have lost an additional 1.8kg so in total 3kg, am pretty happy with that and I'm starting to see the change, it's going to be a long road as I need to lose 20kg but hey it's a start.
    Well done to everyone and let's keep up the good work and moral support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted in here yet, it's been a rubbish couple of weeks!

DH are I have been TTC baby number 2 for over 18 months now and it's starting to take its toll on me. Unfortunately that means I have been doing a whole lot of comfort eating and have actually put on weight already this month

But today is a new day and I am going to start eating better and moving more from today (it's as good a day as any!!)

Eko, is it okay if I revise my weight loss down to 4 kilos by September 1? I reckon I can still do that!

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    oops, have been really slack with posting again.
    Sounds like people are doing well, so congratulations to everyone on their efforts.
    I have been doing well, eating is pretty good and exercise is going really well, I joined a gym and am feeling really motivated, so that's great. Let's hope it lasts. I have lost 500g over the last 2 weeks, which given I didn't lose anything in the 1st week, makes 500g overall. Halfway to my goal for this challenge so I'm super happy about that.
    Good luck to everyone for the next week and keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Had a crazy day yesterday and didn't end up getting time to weigh in.

Weighed myself this morning and I am 72.6kg. Woo hoo! I am thrilled with this - after feeling as though progress was slow last week I am finally seeing the scales reflect all my hard work which is such a relief. I was 74.4kg at last weigh in, so it's a loss of 1.8kg, and a total of 4.1 since the start of the challenge.

Congrats to everyone else who has lost too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Spring Weightloss Challenge

i weighed in last week at 0. I've been so busy sorry didn't weigh in yesty but suspect i will have gained have had some unexpected medical crap pop up so have been swamped with appts and have been shovelling in maccas and chocolate as im super stressed am bummmed as i really felt like being healthy was starting to sink in. need to start over

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

How is everyone going this week? Hoping those who fell off the wagon a bit have managed to clamber back on?

I jumped on the scales yesterday and was still 72.6 which is the same as I was at the beginning of the week. I'm ok with this as I seem to lose a bit, then plateau for a few days, then lose, then plateau, then lose, etc. So hopefully I will still lose some more before next weigh in. I have been sticking to clean and healthy food and doing a good amount of exercise (although I could do more), so I will be sh!tt.y if I'm not a bit lighter by next monday!

A couple more food pictures from this week. The first one is chilli con carne with rice and salad with lime juice dressing. All made from scratch with lean beef mince, lots of yummy spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric), red kidney beans, onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrot, capsicum, tinned tomatoes, lots of chillies and fresh coriander. Served on basmati rice.

The second one is dinner last night and tonight. Chicken, artichoke, rocket and baby spinach salad. The chicken is marinated in garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. The dressing is balsamic vinegar, olive oil and dijon mustard and some shaved parmesan over the top. The artichokes are just marinated ones from a jar and they're fried off in the pan after you take the chicken out so it's really easy, no carbs and yummo.

WP_000940.jpgWP_000952.jpg

Good luck to all for the weekend! That is..... if anyone is still actually doing this apart from me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Have been a bit slack in posting. I weighed in last week at 100grams less. This week I have not weighed in at all.

@ All creatures your food sure looks yummy. How are you going this week?

Did you weigh in? I havent yet, might do that tomorrow.

Hope everyone is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sage!

Good to see your post. I thought everyone had stopped posting in here so I didn't bother to weigh in this week.... the thread has felt a bit lonely lately haha.

But since you're still here I will weigh in. My weight this week is 72.2kg, so only a 400g loss since last week which is a bit frustrating but better than a gain I guess!

I can't believe it's been over four weeks and I have not touched ANYTHING naughty - no chocolate, no cakes (my biggest weakness), no ice cream, nothing! I'm amazed I've stuck to it for this long and I feel pretty confident that I can keep going.

Hoping for a bigger loss next week

Hope to see you weigh in today. Good luck!

And as for the rest of you....... WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?!?!?!