+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    well done all creatures, beachside and alyce! great losses! :thumbup:

keep up the motivation girls, 1 week down only gotta do that 5 more times and we will be there

challenge for today exercise! even if its a walk with kids in the pram or some squats and lunges in the loungeroom if u can't get out. it all adds up

and *cough cough* where are the rest of u slackers who didn't weigh in? if u had a bad week just try again for next week, its never too late to start

at the moment every morning my scales are going down a little bit and its sooooo motivating

so last night i was buuuuuusting for maccas. i don't know what they put in the crap but seriously its been one of my biggest addictions. i actually had enough calories left to have it and we nearly did but in the end i realised i didn't want to feel how i knew i would after it.
    grumpy 1 / maccas 0

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Last edited by grumpysmurf; 31-07-2012 at 07:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done on the weight loss ladies!! Keep it up. I have started yday and weighed myself... 76.1kg (better than I thought but still a lot more than I want/need!) Being conscious of what I put in my mouth and my sister did Michelle Bridges 12wk challenge earlier this year so has given me great menu plans/recipes. Was supposed to go to gym last night but had a friend come over for some advice. Managed to go for walk at lunchtime but only about 20mins. Will try to get out at lunch today & make an effort to return to gym tonight.
    Well done grumpysmurf on resisting maccas! You will feel much better for having NOT had it. But I know what you mean, sometimes it's all I want too. Good luck with your goal of exercising today!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I haven't been in to update ladies, DH starred a new job this week and DS is in full time daycare for the first time so things are crazy hectic!

I weighed this morning (forgot yesterday lol) and I'm at 72kg exactly. So 2.7kg down for the first week. Stoked with that!
    I'm going to continue eating healthy foods, and hopefully can still safely loose 1-200g per week. I'm talking to my doctor about it on friday but if he says no dice then I'll just try to maintain .

Good luck to those yet to report in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done to everyone who has weighed in for the first week!

At the end of this challenge we should add up our combined total weightloss and see how much we've lost altogether

So proud of you grumpy for resisting maccas. Once you've nearly caved into a maccas craving it's so hard to turn back... but you did it! I used to say I hated maccas and it was so disgusting etc etc, but really I love the stuff

Eko, my DH started a new job recently too, three weeks after we had DD. Good luck to your DH, hope he enjoys it I'll be interested to see whether your doc allows you to continue losing weight or not. Either way, I hope you'll still stay with us for the challenge since you're our guiding light

I am so annoyed with myself, I meant to take a photo of dinner last night to show you guys but I was too keen to stuff my face and I only remembered when I was nearly finished! I made thai chicken patties - just chucked chicken breast fillets, a red onion, lots of fresh garlic and ginger and a bunch or coriander in the food processor and whizzed it all up. Fried them up in some rice bran oil (just shallow-fried), and had them with a salad of baby spinach, carrot, capsicum, cucumber, tomato, chilli and more coriander. I dressed the salad with a thai dressing - lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Pretty healthy I think, barely any fat and just the little bit of brown sugar to worry about. DH loved it too, we had this same dinner both last night and the night before. Tonight I'm going to do a big batch of fried rice with heaps of vegies, egg and brown rice.

Sorry to go on about food.... I just luuuuuurve it! Always keen to hear what you ladies are doing for meals as well

I am also upping the exercise this week. I am walking the dog more often (usually DH takes her). We go on a 45min walk, really brisk, I think it's about 3km. I also hope to fire up the Xbox Kinect zumba this week when DD is napping (let's just hope she naps ).

Really enjoying this so far, let's keep it up
    Last edited by AllCreatures; 31-07-2012 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to everyone on their losses and Eko on your BFP. Everyone is doing really well.
    Sorry, I have been really slack with posting but I'm pleased to say have not been slacking off with the exercise. Did something everyday last week (although Sunday was just a walk). My eating, however, was not great. I find I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I know if I counted calories and was really strict with what I ate I would lose the weight quickly but then I'd get to the other end and eat whatever I wanted and put it back on. I struggle to find a maintainable middle ground.
    I weighed myself yesterday and was exactly the same as last week, which I'm quite happy with.
    This week I aim to increase the exercise slightly and try to avoid weekend blowout with eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there all,
    Sorry been missing in action just been a little busy. Well weigh in was a great result only a Kilo but it's a loss.
    Congrats on all your losses and keep it up
    I am just finding it hard to stay focused even with exercise I have not done much exercise and that's my real issue. I have a protruding disc in my back and some other issues which isn't helping me in the exercise department.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

Congrats to all who have lost weight:cakestar, eko, all creatures, maybee babee, belly 1982, alyce, and beachside Mum (hopefully i didnt miss anyone). Good job to those who have taken steps to improve their health.

@Joolz - I find it really hard if I deny myself everything. I try to count calories but include a small treat each day into the counting to help me. So far this has been working well for me.

@Cakester i can only imagine it's really hard to exercise with a protruding disc. keep in mind it might take you a bit longer if you cant do lots of exercise but sounds like you are doing great. Can you do low impact exercise, swimming, pilates, walking?

@Allcreatures your food sounds so yummy and healthy. I also love food.

@Eko- I know Michelle Bridges does a weight loss program that is safe for people who are UTD and in early pregnancy. I think it depends on if you are currently in your healthy weight range or not etc. There are specific health recommendations re weight loss/gain, but sounds like you have it all covered and know lots about nutrition.

@Grumpysmurf good work on refusing maccas.
    I also sat with someone eating maccas yesterday and didnt eat any, but it wasnt too hard as it's not one of my weaknesses.

@ maybee babee I also found it confusing re exercising and TTC. I have had a bit of trouble getting my head around what is helpful not, but I also worked out not exercising and putting on weight cant be helpful either.

AFM I weighed in today (forgot yesterday) and lost 2.1 kilograms. I am stoked with that. Now I just need to keep up the good work. I also like seeing the scales go down and find it easier to stay on track if I weigh in every day/second day. I think the support of the forum is really helping to keep me on track.

Okay so my plan is to walk the dog and basketball tonight

Keep up the good work all
    Last edited by SageS; 31-07-2012 at 14:22. Reason: added info

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    grumpysmurf - Good work on behaving yourself over the weekend. That is my WORST time for going nuts. And I'm SO proud of you for not going that Maccas! Maccas always makes me feel dirty now, I don't eat it unless it's a hangover recovery lol.

Jakois - Don't worry about the bad two days. Think of them as a hiccup. And having a great weekend is definitely worth it every now and then

Belly - Way to go with the 1.2kg loss! Smaller meals certainly helps, I've found that myself.

Beachside - Nice on the kg, seems everyone has managed to do quite well. I'm very proud of you all

alycef - Never mind the clow out, as long as you get back on the horse straight away and don't just think "Well, I've stuffed it now!" You'll be fine.

maybee baybee - I haven't updated your weight as I don't know what your starting weight was. Just post how many kg or grams you've lost and I'll update it for you

AllCreatures - Your dinner sounds amazing! I love making spiced home cooked dishes. I made a beef madras tonight from scratch with home made chapati and it was SO good!

joolz - Don't worry too much if you aren't posting often, as long as you're doing the exercise to keep yourself happy

cakester - I know what you mean about busy! Lol. I don't know what you can do with a protruding disc, that sounds really painful and annoying :/

SageS - Way to go on the 2.1kg for you too, that's an awesome effort Did you take the dog for a walk yet?

AFM, I'm SO tired! The last two days have been so hectic it's crazy. I apologise for taking so long to update the table, but all the weigh ins are there now .
    I've found this pregnancy has hit me early, or maybe it's just because I was fitter to begin with this time that I'm noticing it more. I get puffed walking down the street at my normal pace, but because I'm so used to motoring along I have trouble making myself slow down!

I was puffing the way I normally would for a lengthy jog just walking home whilst pushing DS in his pram. Way way WAY more energy went into that walk than is normal.
    Yay for extra blood volume. Heh.
    Anyway, it may only be 20 past 7 but I'm going to do myself a favor and crawl into bed *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, well this week is off to a flying start. Have been doing an hr exercise everyday and have cut down on portion sizes, sadly though ive put on a kilo I'm going to put that down to muscle build up?? Little bit disapointed......... Fx have a loss next week. Current wieght 81 even start wieght 79.6 so a little over a kilo okay off for my morning walk!!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko my start weight is 76.1. Just started this week so no loss for me. Only watching my diet as suffering shortness of breath and always fatigued, so makes it hard to exercise. Had bloods today and no results til Monday. Keep up the good work everyone!