Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spring Weightloss Challenge

The Spring Challenge has begun!
    23rd July - 1st September 2012

If you would like to join (it's not too late!), please just post in the thread and you'll be added to the list. Ensure you include your pledge amount. If you provide "2-3kg" you will defaulted to the higher number to allow the chart calculations to work.

Weigh in is every Monday, with the list updated by Tuesday afternoon.

I'll try my best to keep up but please, if I haven't updated your loss and you've posted it feel free to PM me as I may have missed it. You can also enter "DNW" (Did Not Weigh) if you're unable to weigh or don't want to post your result for the week.

I hope everyone sticks to the challenge, even if it looks like you won't make your goal. Any loss is a good loss .
    GOOD LUCK LOSERS!

Our Loser's pledges!

Attached Images
    Last edited by Eko; 10-08-2012 at 17:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Awesome thread...I'll join!! Ive got about 30 kgs to lose all up and I always say I will go on a diet and exercise only to come crashing down because I dont have that "oomph" to keep me going! If I have to report back here and support others then I reckon I can do this!! We are ttc number 2 and I want to be healthy and I want to have at least lost something before I get pregnant again!

So in 6 weeks I want to lose 4-6 kgs and I want to acheive this by:

*Walking 5 days a week for 30 min

*Using the Wii Fit every morning even if it is just for 10 min

* And cutting Junk out, and lowering my portions

I look forward to seeing everybodies progress and offering support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in!!! I want to lose at least 6 kg's over the challenge but am hoping that it's more like ten!!
    I will need to start doing more walking with dd as I want her to lead a healthy lifestyle and I will do a massive "cook up" on Sunday. Soups,stews, and other freezer friendly meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to you both Here's hoping we get a few more, if only to keep us accountable to more people *chuckle*.
    I want to get back down to 67kg. I'm happiest between 66 and 67kg, but for some reason in the last 12 months I just haven't been able to knuckle down and knock it off again.

I'm going to run 5km at least 3 days a week, but preferably 4. Diet wise, I'm going to be eating 1200ish calories on non-exercise days, and 1500ish on exercise days.

@Purple Lily - I want to drop the weight before I get utd too, although we've been trying for quite a while now already. I decided that I was putting off the hard work 'just in case' I was utd. I didn't want to work my body too hard and cause things to go south iykwim. Ew. That was definitely an unintended double entendre! Hahahaha.

@MelbMummy - Soups and stews on the weekend is a brilliant idea! For some reason I always forget that it's possible to do a big cook up. I might do a lentil curry and put it in the freezer in ready to go portions. Good protein and the recipe I have is SOOOO good *drool*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, I am in!

I want to start the couch to 5km program this week, so will hopefully be well into the program by 1st September.

My main aim is to get fit and toned, rather than weightloss as such- I wouldn't mind loosing a few kg's, but I am reasonably happy with my weight, just feeling very flabby after 2 babies!

Good luck to everyone, and good idea for the cookup. I think I need to do a big cookup of healthy snacks, as my big downfall is snacking on chocolate and biscuits, but if I have healthy muffins or slice on hand I would eat that instead! ( I hope!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MissSooky

I love c25k. It's the program I used to get fit initially and it did wonders. So good to have a program that can actually get you from 0 fitness to running 5km I considered doing g210k, but given that I'm only just getting back into running and it's still taking me about 35-36 minutes to do 5k, I think I better get that a bit more reasonable first *chuckle*.

So only a few days until we get started ladies.

I'll be going on a protein shake diet. Not all protein shakes mind you! I need my fiber and stuff as well. So I'll be on a good multivit too, and I'll be having one 'normal' meal a day. Probably dinner. I love my veg so a massive plate of veg and a reasonable sized piece of lean protein makes me just as happy as a huge bowl of complex carbs .

Is everyone ready? I find that having stocks of 'healthy' food at the start of a new diet keeps me going for a lot longer than if I have to keep going out to shop for the stuff.

Oh also, I have a stack of low carb, low gi meals if anyone is interested. Some of them are so good I make them regularly even when I'm NOT dieting lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All!

I would love to join. This is actually my first post on Bubhub so forgive me if I dont have the lingo just yet.

My aim is to lose 5 kilograms over the six weeks. I probably have a bit more to lose but want to be realistic.
    I am hoping to use increasing exercise plus healthy diet to help.
    My downfall is snacking late at night, I am currently working and studying, so I often reach for the biscuits at 10pm to keep me awake and going. Plus I use food as a reward (terrible I know)

So my aim is to either walk for half an hour or do exercise each day with the aim of doing four lots of cardio per week (RPM, running, basketball etc).

Looking forward to supporting each other in this journey.

Oh how often are we checking in with each other? I need to probably be made accountable regularly, otherwise I wont succeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Joining my bub is one month old and i began my first challenge 14 days ago to get back to this

I only have around 2-4kgs of fat to lose but a fair amount in muscle to build back up

Havnt been at my full potential yet as im waiting for my belly gap to close, but once i.get the all clear I will be doing

20mins high intesity circuit/tabata teaining 5 days a week + weighted situps+pushups

Heavy weight training 3 days a week

Outside jog 1ce a week 3-5ks to start with.

Food wise I eat 5 times a day (3 meals two snacks small portions high protien low carbs moderate EFA's) Dont count cals but only eat when hungry + only drink water and the occasional coffee

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'll join. I have a shocking 20kgs to lose that i stacked on when pregnant... almost 5 years ago

I started the c25k program not long ago but have already fallen off the bandwagon. I want to get motivated and get back to doing this. I have 3 really hectic days at the beginning of the week so want to make sure i'm exercising the other 4 days at least.

I've cleaned up my diet a fair bit of late. I need to make sure i keep this up and have no more slip ups.

I'm finally going to tackle this weight issue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SageS - Welcome! Don't worry about the lingo, if there's anything you don't understand just ask I know what you mean about the snacking as a reward business. It's KILLER. I go for a run or ride on the bike for a half hour and think "Well, I can afford to eat a half a dozen cookies! I've earnt it! *forehead slap*.

Kiplusthree - 2-4kg is definitely doable in 6 weeks. That tummy split is the worst, isn't it. I couldn't do a sit up for nearly a year after DS was born, and ever since my core strength has been nothing like what it used to be no matter what I do Sounds like you've got a pretty balanced eating lifestlye, you're very similar to me in that way. Do you eat treats occasionally? I never used to, but when I started putting the weight on again they started sneaking in.

HarvestMoon - Welcome to the crazy c25k really is brilliant, although I know what it's like when you fall off the wagon and can't seem to get back into it. It happened to me a couple of times when I did it last. I'm thinking about doing it again but doing it at a higher intensity than normal. I need to get my cruising speed up to at least 9.5kph, and at the moment I cruise at about 8kph. That's SUCH a big difference, I'm really ashamed that I did all that work and then let it fall apart like that. Winter always demotivates me.

So, are we all ready to crack on with it tomorrow ladies? Having this challenge is actually motivating me quite a lot, because I'm not just accountable to myself.
    I thought we'd weigh in/check in every Monday? I figure that when I weigh in on a Monday, I'm less likely to binge and go stupid on the weekend. When you think about it, cold weather is the perfect time to start dieting because there's less bbqs and parties to attend. Everyone's rugged up at home!

Anyway, I've got a great low carb protein powder which will be the mainstay of my diet for the next 6 weeks. I've done shake diets before, and they do WONDERS for me. My biggest problem is not eating the wrong things in general, it's eating too much. My portion sizes get out of control.
    When I've been on a shake diet for a month or so, the amount of food I can fit in is seriously reduced because my stomach has shrunk so I'm looking to get back the way I was.
    I'll be having one regular meal a day, with stacks of fresh veg and a lean protein serve. I'll also be having chia seeds with every meal (to make sure I have enough fiber! Lol) and a good multivitamin.

I have some diet jelly stashed away for the times when I'm starving hungry but don't need to eat. Unfortunately when my stomach is shrinking down again that happens regularly but it shouldn't take too long to taper off.