+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicana View Post
    Ive only had a c section so thats all i can comment on. Im 24 weeks now with my 3rd baby and reading to refresh my memory.

Firstly, getting up after c section was hard, I fainted on my first attempt

The first Poo after is scary too, it hurts to sneeze, cough and laugh hard. The nurses will ask you daily if you have opened your bowels yet.

Breast feeding is hard like the others have said but just ask for help, it took me 7 weeks to establish feeding my twins with nipple shilds and nipple thrush, mastitis and supply issues and well everything really but we got there in the end.

You uterus contracts for weeks after the birth every time you breastfeed. My bleeding had stopped but i bled when I fed from the contractions. (and i gained weight breast feeding )

My boobs started leaking before I had the babies. At birth class (31 weeks) we were practicing feeding by holding a fake baby and at the end of the class my boobs has leaked thru my bra, tshirt and jumper
    Re: leaking boobs wow! With dd I never leaked. With dd my boobs filled up at 36weeks and I was hanging to start feeding to get a let down cos they were so uncomfy thank goodness dd2 was delivered a week later

Are you going to try vbac this time or having a cs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I havn't decided. I think I'll try vbac, I'm just seeing how the pregnancy goes and if bub is in the right position and all is good I will give it a shot but if things don't go that way then I won't be too upset.
    Im not looking forward to the c section recovery with two 2 year olds too look after as well but I'm a bit scared about a vaginal delivery too.
    I have a hernia in my groin and vulva varicose veins this time so it's already very sore and throbbing down there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first timer, just wanted to say thanks everyone for the helpful - and terrifying - info

Subscribing..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jesssalee For This Useful Post:

WhitePeach  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As your uterus shrinks back down so do your intestines. The result is a lot of gas which you may not be able to hold in due to a bruised pelvic floor. Fun when visitors are around! (just blame the baby)
    With a newborn you will worry constantly about poo, colour, consistency, frequency anything! And you'll discuss poo with anyone who'll listen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm trying to think of things that really helped me with breastfeeding a new bub, just to put a different spin on things. The leaky boobs comments inspired me (yep, weird I know!).

- if you're planning on breastfeeding try to get to a breastfeeding class. They are run by the ABA or might be offered by your hospital. I found it really helped me know what to expect in the first few days.
    - if you've got leaky boobs, try to express some colostrum and freeze it in little plastic syringes. I took some in to hospital with me and because DS had a bit of trouble attaching, having that colostrum really took the pressure off. I could focus on getting bfing right without stressing that he wasn't getting what he needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicana View Post
    I havn't decided. I think I'll try vbac, I'm just seeing how the pregnancy goes and if bub is in the right position and all is good I will give it a shot but if things don't go that way then I won't be too upset.
    Im not looking forward to the c section recovery with two 2 year olds too look after as well but I'm a bit scared about a vaginal delivery too.
    I have a hernia in my groin and vulva varicose veins this time so it's already very sore and throbbing down there
    Good luck making a decision. It's a difficult one. I had dd2 3 weeks ago and having an almost 3 year old definitely factor into it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Can I be picky - I dont think women have to lose their dignity birthing. You might lose your modesty when the desire to birth matter above all else but you should never have your dignity taken from you. Drs, mws and nurses have no right to touch your body without your consent or do anything to you without explanation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I can totally relate to the loss of dignity comment. In fact when I started reading this thread I got a lump in my throat and started welling up at the memories. My DS's birth left me feeling totally stripped of all dignity. I can't believe I'd forgotten that (it was only 3 1/2 years ago). Probably a good thing or I might not be here ready to go through it all again this time

Hopefully as this is my second time around I will have a bit more confidence and will speak up a bit more

For all you first timers regardless of the pain, lack of dignity, general horror it is all worth every bit of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    1. that your vj swells lol like a dog on heat
    2. that you can bleed for about 6 weeks after
    3. arousal can make your breast leaks/squirt
    4. that bonding isn't more often than not some miraculous thing that happens straight away - it takes time and that's ok

umm that's all I can think of now but I know there is more
    I love this one!!

The bleeding bit I had NFI with my first, I bought 1 pack of mat pads HA

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    That there will be a lot of blood loss in the first few days after birth! A lot!! And it's normal.

That the pain in your bottom region will be the worst and it may be hard to sit down for a day or two.

How hard breastfeeding is. And that everyone seems to know this when you talk about it but nobody ever mentioned it before!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay fun bit here, do not want to terrify people (sorry) when you are BF and your DH gets you angry squirt him with breast milk!! Those babies could squirt a few metres!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glover For This Useful Post:

gluteousmaximus  (20-07-2012)