+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you have a show before full labour started or your water broke?

Iam trying to figure a few things out for myself. My MW said i need to come in when I have either a show or have regular contractions. Now i have never had a show, i have absolutely no discharge to mention, but i have had very regular close together contractions that turned out being nothing?

did you have a show before propper labour started or your water broke?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have never had a show, and my contractions were well and truely in full swing before my waters broke. Both times I went into labour I didn't actually think it was the real thing, but I rang the hospital and they wanted me to get seen anyway- both times I left with a baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I have never had a show, and my contractions were well and truely in full swing before my waters broke. Both times I went into labour I didn't actually think it was the real thing, but I rang the hospital and they wanted me to get seen anyway- both times I left with a baby.
    You just made me giggle very nervously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    You just made me giggle very nervously
    Why is that? I have always been told of I am concerned, to give the midwives a call and see what they say. I should add, both my previous labours felt very different- my first started off feeling like normal period pain and quickly escalated (within half an hour of my first contraction they were 3 minutes apart), where as my second was more a sharp pain, to be honest it felt like I was being ripped apart inside.

If you aren't sure, give the midwives a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Why is that? I have always been told of I am concerned, to give the midwives a call and see what they say. I should add, both my previous labours felt very different- my first started off feeling like normal period pain and quickly escalated (within half an hour of my first contraction they were 3 minutes apart), where as my second was more a sharp pain, to be honest it felt like I was being ripped apart inside.

If you aren't sure, give the midwives a call.
    Because a week ago I had contractions 4 min appart and 30 sec in length which continued for about 2 hrs before i just fell asleep. I have had this before and it turned out to be nothing, so i was waiting for them to get tronger or closer together before going in or calling. I stay far from hospital so making the trip in the middle of the night for nothing is becomming very irretating and it makes me feel realy stupid. my Mw said next time Ihave to go it but I was hoping that there would be some kind of sign to be certain...I just feel that it is not far off for some reason. I see y doc next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like pre-labour hun. I had it
    For a month before my second was born- contractions would start, last a couple of hours then stop. Same thing is happening this time. If they are not changing in frequency or intensity I would stay home, but still let the hospital know. The second they start changing I would be heading up. Unfortunately there might not be any 'sign' that it is the real thing so it's always better to be safe then sorry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lost my plug (is that a show??) a week before bub came and my waters broke a couple of hours before I went into labour. Probably won't help you as everything happens in different orders for people!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i am figuring that. Will just go through next time, i need to have a cs so ambulance, car or home baby not an option for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by captainscaptain View Post
    I lost my plug (is that a show??) a week before bub came and my waters broke a couple of hours before I went into labour. Probably won't help you as everything happens in different orders for people!
    Yeah, slime plug or bleeding is a show according to my MW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Neither, both my labours started with contractions and i was in full labour without having a show or water break.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (17-07-2012)