+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I use ready made dough and put cheese ham mushrooms on top, sort of like a pie/pizza.
    Or dimplified risotto: chicken onion garlic, mushrooms fried in the pan, add rice on top and cover with water, cook until rice is cooked.
    Also we use tinned tuna and salmon and just fry it with olives, onion, peas whatever and mix with pasta or cous cous. I also add tomato tin over tuna and olives (and capers if i have any)-sort of like pasta puttanesca

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a pretty healthy pizza using Lebanese/pita bread. Spread thin layer of tomato paste or spray with olive oil whatever you want then pile on the good stuff. The base ends up crunchy and not heavy and doughy.

I like toppings like capsicum, semi sundries tomatoes, olives, shaved ham, pineapple, zucchini, fetta and some mozzarella.

Only takes 10-15min in the oven on 180 til the cheese melts and the base crisps as it's a thin base doesn't take long.

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Falafel patties - put one tin of chickpeas in blender, one chopped onion, handful of parsley and 1-2 tsp of cumin + [any other vegetables you want]. Blend. Add 1 egg to mix, roll into patties and coat in flour/breadcrumbs and bake in oven or fry with a tiny bit of olive oil. Serve with greek yogurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pasta bake. Brown onion and 500gms of mince. Add vegies (I use peas/corn/celery/capsicum/grated zucchini), a can of tomato soup and a handful of herbs (oregano is my favourite). Simmer until soup has cooked down. Mix it through cooked pasta (shells are a big hit with my kids), put in baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven until cheese melts. Yum, cheap and fairly nutritious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry had to write above quote on phone. I do the same as this but make it in to a bake by putting it all in an ovenproof dish, top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs and bake for 20 mins. Yum!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Mmmm this thread is making me hungry! Time for dinner I think!

I'm making an easy meal tonight. Cheesy tuna veg pasta. Fill a saucepan with pasta (best with the large spirals) and chuck in diced vegies (grate them if your child is a fussy eater), boil til cooked. Make up cheese sauce - melt 2 tbsp of butter, add 2 tbsp of flour, and then gradually add milk to the mix until smooth and decent consistency. Add a handful of grated cheese, mustard and pepper to taste. Drain pasta and vegies, mix with cheese sauce, and add a can of tuna.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is this fresh pasta recipe:
    Cook pasta in water. Chop up cherry tomatoes and spring onions.
    Fry up whatever protein you have at hand (sometimes bacon or ham, tonight it was prawns and smoked salmon) with some garlic.
    Drain pasta and return to saucepan and leave the heat on.
    Toss through cherry tomatoes, spring onions, rocket or baby spinach until warmed through. Drizzle generously with olive oil.
    So yum!