+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hardly ever, since we live interstate from both our families.
    Occasionally a friend will babysit so we can go to an event.
    Although, we take every opportunity to have couple time when visiting family and will go out a couple of times a week if we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I think it is healthy too, just not possible for alot
    Yes I agree with this. We basically only have my parents to babysit. My sister lives too far away and my in laws are useless. My mum watches my youngest when I'm at uni and does my housework for me. I don't feel like I can then go and ask her to have the kids every 2-3 weeks so I can go out with my husband on a date. She has her own life too.
    If we had more family then yes it would be easier but it is a lot to ask of my parents when they already have 1 of my children 3 days a week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once a fortnight.
    We see the in laws once a fortnight for the weekend which we stay friday til sunday, on the Saturday night, Nan and Pop get some quality time with DS then DF and I will go to dinner and a movie, we never go out for the whole night.

I think with PND having that break with DF is a need rather than a want for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well we both work so every day.. but we have other responsibilities in that time, its not really "me" time or anything like that. In terms of getting alone time and a babysitter, never. We have nobody to babysit for us anymore. I'm not really fazed for stuff like having a night off. We make the most of the evenings when the kids are in bed early to watch movies and eat Tim tams however for days/afternoons when I have a million errands to run, or phonecalls or shopping I would LOVE time without the kids occasionally. Today I picked the kids up from daycare after work, went and juggled them and a bunch of paperwork, dd climbed on my head and up my shirt while I did the grocery shopping and now its dark already and I could have got through it so much quicker without them.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 21 months old and DH and I have been out 3 times at night without him. Each of those times he's stayed with my parents who live over 1 hour away. Other than that, we don't have any family close by. I'm a little jealous of those that do!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We've not had a night away child-free for over six years ... a dinner out around once a year.

We're going to a fundraising ball in a few weeks, booked my parents a few months ago to come up and stay to watch the children. I'm so looking forward to a eating a meal out at a place that doesn't have a playground!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once a year for our wedding anniversary and maybe once a year to go to the movies etc

***Sent from my phone***

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I think it is healthy too, just not possible for alot
    Totally agree! There is now way I can rely on my family and DFs parents are on the other side of Australia. It was nice when DS2 was in day care at the same time as DS1 was in kindy we just had DD at home with us but that didn't work out. I'm tempted to try a babysitter but it's hard finding someone to trust and we like being home alone together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a lunch date every monday while DS is at daycare.
    Every 6 weeks or so we get one of our parents to babysit so we can do dinner and a movie.
    DS has also had 5 or 6 full nights away from us with our parents for weddings etc.
    We have also taken my 17 year old sister on holidays with us so we can have a few nights out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I nearly said never, then I remembered one time. It was while I was in labour with dd2! Does that count? Oh, also when pregnant with dd2, I had some complications and we left dd1 with her pa while dh took me to hospital.

I'd love a date night with my dh. Even just once a month or something. So not going to happen though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast