+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never. Not even once a year for our anniversary.

DD has gone to my mums for a sleepover twice, but DS always stays behind. And wakes every few hours even now at 2.5 yrs. So we don't get much couple time.

I'm unhealthily jealous of people who get nights away with their other half. But that's okay, I have hope for future improvements...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-07-2012),themissingpiece  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every Tuesday we make our day right now, he doesnt work tuesdays and i make sure i dont either, We have our DD in daycare that day as well just so we can do all our running around that we need to do and if we want to get lunch together we do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Since DS was born 8 months ago we have had one night out on a date. I already feel like we rely on relatives too much with babysitting while we are at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    I think you live too far away lol
    Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Three weeks ago we went to a concert together.
    In March we went to a wedding child free and stayed in a hotel over night.
    The kids are being baby sat this weekend so we'll have from mid morning sat until late afternoon Sun together.
    I think before that it was November, before that September/Oct.
    I don't know when it will be next but we are having a week together next July with no children!
    But my youngest is three at the end of the year. When we had breastfeeding babies we didn't do anything. When I was pregnant with our 3rd we went out for dinner together and that was our first date in over 2 years, we were also home at 8pm.
    But every Friday night is date night in our house. Kids go to bed, we order something truly yummy in and ignore the housework and whatever else might need to be done and just spend a couple of hours together catching up on our week. It's our favourite part of the week and we both look forward to it so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dp and I get every second weekend to ourselves when dd and ds are at their dads.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Today we had a coffee together while our daughter was under a GA getting an MRI done the last time before that was when she was in theatre having her last surgery in november.... so yer the circumstances of where we get time with just us is never nice as it means she is under a GA other than that i do all of her care so she is always with us

Thanks
    Reviews
    None.Hes in the ADF and all our family is interstate and I wouldnt want to leave my kids with our friends here as they all have their own kids or are single and dont have child experience and my 3 year old is a handful.

Only time we've had time away from the kids is for a wedding and we worked it. (Im a photographer and he assisted me for the day)

Hopefully moving closer to family at the end of the year and we will finally have some time

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one 16 month old son and we usually get one of the sets of grandparents to babysit once every 2 or 3 weeks. We usually go to town for dinner by ourselves or with a group of friends or go to dinner & movies. We love it and the grandparents crave babysitting so it's win win! I think it's very healthy for every couple to have a child free night at least once a month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it is healthy too, just not possible for alot

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-07-2012),headoverfeet  (17-07-2012),Lillynix  (18-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (17-07-2012),Nowhere  (17-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast