+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Liverpool or Campbelltown?

I thought I would see if anyone has any recent experiences at either of these hospitals in their antenatal clinic and during birth and aftercare. I am leaning towards liverpool as they have the NICU if anything goes wrong. But always good to hear stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first baby at campbelltown in december last year. All my appointments were through the antinatal clinic and we had no issues with either the mid wives or the obstertricians. I was a high risk pregancy, due to numerous issues including GD, high bp, baby not growing as correct pace, low amniotic fluid. Due to this i saw an obstertrician more then a midwife and from about 22 weeks my bookings were fortnightly. From about 35 weeks i went to weekly and also went upstairs to the birthing suites for monitoring, if it was something they picked up from a clinic appt. From 37 weeks i was at the hospital for monitoring every 2 days as my bp was very earratic but bub was little so they wanted to give her as much time as possible for these i went to the to maternity ward and next to it they have a maternal assessment unit where an ob and midwife assess you, monitor bp, do an internal, an ultrasound and then make decisions. My daughter was born naturally at 39 weeks and 4 days and was not breathing she then spent 3 days in the special care nursery who were all amazing she would have been moved to the ward earlier but refused to eat so had to be tube feed.My friends sister had bp issues from about 27 weeks and if bub was going to be born before 35 weeks they were going to be moved to liverpool but she got to the safe stage for campbelltown and had a healthy baby with no complications.
    My care during labour was fantastic and because of my bp issues i had 2 midwives, and an ob present for most of my labour. Once bub was born and their breathing issues all i rember is 10 people rushing into the room and taking care of her. Once i was back on the ward the staff were great helping with bf and one got me a dvd to watch as i was struggling with it since my baby was in the scn. Once baby was on the ward with me, they took her for a few hours one morning as she was not sleeping so i could rest.I would go campbelltown again but hope they get better parking and change their visiting hours i dont like people coming from 8-8, its a bit invasive after having a baby.Good luck with your decision

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kirstyandmick For This Useful Post:

MacMummeh  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Campbelltown has a lot better parking than liverpool lol its so hard to decide when you hear so many bad and good stories for each place.