+ Reply to Thread
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default eBay help?

Does anyone know how to do a returns through eBay? The seller has agreed to a refund but apparently I need to do it through eBay to protect myself from returning the stock then not getting a refund! HELP!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump ... Anyone... Help?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did they mean eBay or PayPal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really sure, I would have thought the seller would start the refund process. I know you can submit a claim via paypal (if you paid through paypal that is) which will give you the refund (on hold) from the seller. Maybe go to ebay help website or something, it might have an answer in the FAQ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only way to do a return is send the item back to the seller as they have requested. As they have already agreed to a refund then as soon as they recieve the item they will refund you via the method you paid (I am assuming PayPal).

Best thing to do to protect yourself is do all correspondence through eBay meaning send all your communications to the Buyer via eBay mail system. That way if there is an issue you can contact eBay who will then go through the eBay emails.

If for whatever reason the Buyer decides not to refund after you have returned the item you can always logde a case through PayPal.

There isnt a way to do it through eBay...not sure what the Seller was asking you to do. As in there isnt a form or anything you fill in.

Not sure why you are returning the stock but you can always take pictures of it if its damaged so that way you can say the stock was returned in this condition.

I am a eBay Seller and we are a pretty good bunch! If they are agreeing to a refund I am sure it will happen.

Just check out their feedback rating to see what other Buyers have said and that should give you an idea of what sort of Seller they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I guess to be clear....you simply post the item back to the Seller ( you will have to pay postage back). They then get it and refund you. Just email through eBay saying what day you posted it back so they know its coming.

I have had some buyers post back without notifying me and it can be a real surprise when I am has come back and I know nothing about it!

That is all there is to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a way to do it through PayPal, but only if you've lodged a dispute and PayPal has decided that should be the outcome.

If it's just an agreement between you and the seller, then I don't think there's a way to make it official...you just need to send the item to the seller, then await a refund.

As Michelle said though, make sure all correspondence is through ebay. Ensure you have in writing what you and the seller are agreeing to. Then, if for some reason if things go awry, you can still lodge a dispute with PayPal as the seller isn't honouring the agreement. You'd be able to get your money back that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all! I had tried and tried looking on eBay but couldn't find anything, the item is through an eBay shop and the item is MUCH smaller than both the labelled sizing and the measurements given. I will post it back registered mail, and fingers crossed get my refund. Thanks again for all your help