Closed Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    I'm not upset but seriously you can not condemn everyone about a subject that you have probably ever been in the position to know about. Life is hard enough for people than having other judging them for there choices. Being anti abortion does not mean you have to be such a extremist. I don't read to much into your posts I really think that you are way to judgmental about all issues you do not agree with.
    I only posted that so you can see there are reasons people get them and you really should think before you post as some woman on this forum might be going through a really hard time due to abortion they have had or need to get.
    Fair point and I'm sorry you're having a rough time. That being said you've got to know that there are people such as myself who believe with all their heart and soul that abortion is not right.

I am not extremist for feeling this way, but I understand because of your situation you are sensitive about this topic.

Everyone: i will not discuss abortion anymore on this thread so please stop so people aren't unecessarily upset. Happy to chat further only on an abortion specific thread with a trigger warning in the heading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh please this is just getting crazy now.
    To the op for me personally I gave up smoking when I found out I was pregnant because I believe it was the best thing for me to do. I struggled alot with cravings the whole way though. I really respect all people that can give up but if your unable to I think your just as strong to cut down. When I first found out I was pregnant my doctor told me to cut down because my body will go into overdrive. Each to there own though do what you think I'd best that all you can do

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-07-2012),beebs  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    My abortion was for pro baby yes I had one but if I didn't the father of the child would most likely of killed while kicking me in the stomach. So tell me how is that a bad thing. I think you have really stepped the line on this subject. By saying what you have I am a bad mother to my child but I think that in my situation I made the best decision.
    Aw Hun. Don't listen to BH. People will make you feel cr@p over any decision. I'm just thankful extremists haven't removed your right to a legal abortion and you got to have one in a safe, sanitary, medical environment. Be at peace with your choice.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-07-2012),Eko  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (22-07-2012),MissMuppet  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But I can see both sides of the story - I can see why you have such strong views about babies. Whereas you just said, back then that abortion ranked 10 out of 10 on your scale of worst things. Talk about a blanket statement. There are many different reasons women terminate. Most don't just do it for no reason.

Anyhow - back to topic!

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If by extreme you mean i have strong views and am not going to be bullied into changing them by the bub hub
    Liberal squad, then yeah, Im extreme.

I fully understand there are issues women suffer that lead to decisions when they smoke etc I just don't ever agree that it's the only decision or the right decision.

As for being narrow minded and lacking empathy those buzz words can be applied to either side of the discussion.
    - Do I say you're lacking empathy for babies because you're soft towards women that smoke when preggers or do other similar things? Or call you narrowminded because you put the women's rights first? No I haven't .. Yet.
    Last edited by beebs; 22-07-2012 at 15:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    .... Well you kinda just did, didn't you?
    No. I was using sarcasm to
    Highlight a point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To those of your who think it's appropriate to call a 6 yo a brat, whilst that is your choice, this thread is not about my parenting skills.

My DD did not walk up to a stranger & say "smoking will kill your baby", she said it to a friend. Was I absolutely mortified? Yes, I was. Did i tell her it was rude & inappropriate? Absolutely. But I guess none of you have experienced moments when your children have said something embarrassing, clearly you are better than me.

I also do not discuss things either with my child or in front of her such as smoking when pregnant, in fact it's not something I find myself talking about. However, my DD can read & is exposed to advertising.

My point was and always will be, smoking whilst pregnant is harmful & a choice. IMO a bad choice and I will judge people for making a bad choice, the same as so many of you have judged me and my "mouthy brat" for having an opinion.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-07-2012),VicPark  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry, but you sounded proud of your DD.

"Just to make it absolutely clear - I am judging...

Smoking pregnant or not is a choice & a bad one IMO. My 6 yo DD even said to a smoking pregnant woman, "you'll kill your baby if you smoke". "

So I am judging you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    To those of your who think it's appropriate to call a 6 yo a brat, whilst that is your choice, this thread is not about my parenting skills.

My DD did not walk up to a stranger & say "smoking will kill your baby", she said it to a friend. Was I absolutely mortified? Yes, I was. Did i tell her it was rude & inappropriate? Absolutely. But I guess none of you have experienced moments when your children have said something embarrassing, clearly you are better than me.

I also do not discuss things either with my child or in front of her such as smoking when pregnant, in fact it's not something I find myself talking about. However, my DD can read & is exposed to advertising.

My point was and always will be, smoking whilst pregnant is harmful & a choice. IMO a bad choice and I will judge people for making a bad choice, the same as so many of you have judged me and my "mouthy brat" for having an opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I know I'm veering away from the OP, but since the abortion topic is already out there, and it's been said an abortion makes a mum pro woman and not pro child. I had an injection last week that aborted the baby in my tube. Without it I would have died or in the very least ruptured my tube and lost it.

I consider myself anti abortion for myself but pro choice for others. No one can have any idea the guilt and grief I have felt.

I know people are going to say, that's different bc your life was at risk, but is it? Women abort for all different reasons, and I am certainly not anti child, anyone that knows me knows my stance on the subject and that this is simply not true.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-07-2012),twotrunks  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi all. Can a separate thread be started with a trigger warning if you want to discuss the A word (and im not talking about ar$eholes).

Ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I know I'm veering away from the OP, but since the abortion topic is already out there, and it's been said an abortion makes a mum pro woman and not pro child. I had an injection last week that aborted the baby in my tube. Without it I would have died or in the very least ruptured my tube and lost it.

I consider myself anti abortion for myself but pro choice for others. No one can have any idea the guilt and grief I have felt.

I know people are going to say, that's different bc your life was at risk, but is it? Women abort for all different reasons, and I am certainly not anti child, anyone that knows me knows my stance on the subject and that this is simply not true.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-07-2012)