Closed Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Try not to get upset, Vicpark is about the most extreme I have ever seen on the subject, I usually try to ignore it. She is so narrow minded on the subject and so lacking in empathy for any woman's situation that there isn't any point.

Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    My abortion was for pro baby yes I had one but if I didn't the father of the child would most likely of killed while kicking me in the stomach. So tell me how is that a bad thing. I think you have really stepped the line on this subject. By saying what you have I am a bad mother to my child but I think that in my situation I made the best decision.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-07-2012),jacobsmamma  (22-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    The fact remains that unborn babies, fetuses, do not have rights until they are born. This is the law. Pregnant women can choose to smoke, eat sushi, abort (to a certain stage), drink alcohol, clean out the kitty litter or whatever else (within the law) and legally they are doing nothing wrong. They can choose what risks they take because they have the legal right to decide what they do with their own bodies. So all judgement is kind of moot really, be it on here or from the mouth of an artless child or whatever. We all agree it's not the best choice. But we are all only human too and in something like this I personally think it would be nicer if we had compassion and empathy for a woman struggling with addiction as opposed to judgement and demonising. But to each their own.
    You can't shut the opposing view down by saying "don't have rights until they are born... This is the law... Moot really.". No where in the bub hub rules does it say you can only discuss/debate things that are illegal.

And just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right. And doesnt mean 100% of society agrees with it. Laws change all the time and this wouldn't happen if they were always perfect.

When I first look at the situation of a pregnant women smoking i do understand that there may be stress factors involved in her decision to smoke. Then the next level of thinking takes over: the factual side where it doesn't matter what a persons reasons are what they are doing is damaging another human being and there is NO excuse (IMO) that justifies it. I look down on pregnant women Who smoke without being able to have a real good crack at giving up. I think its selfish, disgusting and weak. That's just the way I feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Try not to get upset, Vicpark is about the most extreme I have ever seen on the subject, I usually try to ignore it. She is so narrow minded on the subject and so lacking in empathy for any woman's situation that there isn't any point.
    Thanks love I'm not upset about it I made the best decision for myself and the child. I would really like her to just see there is always 2 sides to every story.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder if smoking when pregnant will become illegal in the same way that smoking in cars with kids is???

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twotrunks For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (22-07-2012),VicPark  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    My abortion was for pro baby yes I had one but if I didn't the father of the child would most likely of killed while kicking me in the stomach. So tell me how is that a bad thing. I think you have really stepped the line on this subject. By saying what you have I am a bad mother to my child but I think that in my situation I made the best decision.
    Don't read too much into what I'm saying. You're probably a good mother. I'm anti abortion true but that's another thread. I don't want to comment on your circumstance here as you're obviously upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    I wonder if smoking when pregnant will become illegal in the same way that smoking in cars with kids is???
    Slippery slope. It won't happen because then abortion would have to become illegal.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2012),twotrunks  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Don't read too much into what I'm saying. You're probably a good mother. I'm anti abortion true but that's another thread. I don't want to comment on your circumstance here as you're obviously upset
    I'm not upset but seriously you can not condemn everyone about a subject that you have probably ever been in the position to know about. Life is hard enough for people than having other judging them for there choices. Being anti abortion does not mean you have to be such a extremist. I don't read to much into your posts I really think that you are way to judgmental about all issues you do not agree with.
    I only posted that so you can see there are reasons people get them and you really should think before you post as some woman on this forum might be going through a really hard time due to abortion they have had or need to get.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-07-2012),Atropos  (22-07-2012),beebs  (22-07-2012),Eko  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (22-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can't shut the opposing view down by saying "don't have rights until they are born... This is the law... Moot really.". No where in the bub hub rules does it say you can only discuss/debate things that are illegal.

And just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right. And doesnt mean 100% of society agrees with it. Laws change all the time and this wouldn't happen if they were always perfect.

When I first look at the situation of a pregnant women smoking i do understand that there may be stress factors involved in her decision to smoke. Then the next level of thinking takes over: the factual side where it doesn't matter what a persons reasons are what they are doing is damaging another human being and there is NO excuse (IMO) that justifies it. I look down on pregnant women Who smoke without being able to have a real good crack at giving up. I think its selfish, disgusting and weak. That's just the way I feel.
    I didn't shut anyone down, I did say to each their own. I personally do think the law is correct. If you don't, by all means, campaign for change. I don't see you getting very far but hey, prove me wrong.
    It doesn't change the fact that the discussion really is moot and has gone around in that many circles that it's heading towards an abortion debate. I also didn't say anything about it being against bub hub rules?? No need to put words in my mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    If by extreme you mean i have strong views and am not going to be bullied into changing them by the bub hub
    Liberal squad, then yeah, Im extreme.

I fully understand there are issues women suffer that lead to decisions when they smoke etc I just don't ever agree that it's the only decision or the right decision.

As for being narrow minded and lacking empathy those buzz words can be applied to either side of the discussion.
    - Do I say you're lacking empathy for babies because you're soft towards women that smoke when preggers or do other similar things? Or call you narrowminded because you put the women's rights first? No I haven't .. Yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If by extreme you mean i have strong views and am not going to be bullied into changing them by the bub hub
    Liberal squad, then yeah, Im extreme.

I fully understand there are issues women suffer that lead to decisions when they smoke etc I just don't ever agree that it's the only decision or the right decision.

As for being narrow minded and lacking empathy those buzz words can be applied to either side of the discussion.
    - Do I say you're lacking empathy for babies because you're soft towards women that smoke when preggers or do other similar things? Or call you narrowminded because you put the women's rights first? No I haven't .. Yet.
    .... Well you kinda just did, didn't you?