Closed Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Aw waasamatter? Don't like it when I judge other parents? Interesting hypocrisy isn't it. Not my place to call someone a bad parent? Well now, isn't that what I've been saying all along? Hmmmm. Think about it.
    wow you have a really rude way of addressing people. condescending and rude. maybe think about that!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (22-07-2012),Eko  (25-07-2012),FirstTimeMummy2012  (22-07-2012),squirrelex  (22-07-2012),VicPark  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    wow you have a really rude way of addressing people. condescending and rude. maybe think about that!

No thanks. I've repeated myself many times in this thread and many ways and people are still not reading properly. It's tiring. Your post is irrelevant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    No thanks. I've repeated myself many times in this thread and many ways and people are still not reading properly. It's tiring. Your post is irrelevant.
    That's my point... its the way that you reply to people, the attitude and condescending manner you use, doesn't matter if you repeat yourself 100 times people will not see your point if your rude when trying to put it across.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    That's my point... its the way that you reply to people, the attitude and condescending manner you use, doesn't matter if you repeat yourself 100 times people will not see your point if your rude when trying to put it across.

Have you read the whole thread? Doesn't sound like it. I found your post to be pointless drivel in the scheme of this thread. You also highlighted my point perfectly so thanks

Anyway, back to the real issue..
    Last edited by Alexander Beetle; 22-07-2012 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Some people like yourself weight the mothers feelings and needs more heavily. That's also a valid viewpoint, despite the fact that myself and others disagree with it.
    Slightly off topic, but I find it interesting that you are such an advocate for a fetus' rights, which you believe trumps the mother's, but once the baby is born, as an advocate for controlled crying, which puts the mother's needs/wants above the baby's. Hypocritical, I reckon.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-07-2012),Jakois  (22-07-2012),mamasurfs  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I find it interesting that you are such an advocate for a fetus' rights, which you believe trumps the mother's, but once the baby is born, as an advocate for controlled crying, which puts the mother's needs/wants above the baby's. Hypocritical, I reckon.
    First of all, there's a big fat difference between letting a baby cry and damaging their health (via smoking) and killing them (abortion).

Secondly, I'm not pro controlled crying. I'm pro letting your kid protest cry when they are trying to fall asleep ("wah... Pause... Wah... Pause"). If a parent goes in after xyz minutes and then leaves I think it's confusing for the bub. If you go in, you should stay until bubs settled. But I'm not that fussed about it either way.

I hope that clarifies things.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    First of all, there's a big fat difference between letting a baby cry and damaging their health (via smoking) and killing them (abortion).

Secondly, I'm not pro controlled crying. I'm pro letting your kid protest cry when they are trying to fall asleep ("wah... Pause... Wah... Pause"). If a parent goes in after xyz minutes and then leaves I think it's confusing for the bub. If you go in, you should stay until bubs settled. But I'm not that fussed about it either way.

I hope that clarifies things.
    There is loads of evidence to suggest that controlled crying/ cry it out is harmful. Mask it how you want, protest, whatever, it's crying. Even tizzy says it's crying when first explaining to parents in her book.

It's still hypocritical to say that a baby has more rights before being born, and then not after!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 22-07-2012 at 12:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe you're all still talking about this!

***Sent from my phone***

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    There is loads of evidence to suggest that controlled crying/ cry it out is harmful. Mask it how you want, protest, whatever, it's crying. Even tizzy says it's crying when first explaining to parents in her book.

It's hypocritical!
    I still believe a baby has rights after its born. However wants, needs and rights can be ranked on a sliding depending on a variety of factors.If your pro-baby I doubt you'd give your baby/child everything they ask for (would you give your 5 year old a 1 liter coca cola slurped at 9pm at night?). If your pro-mamma I doubt you'd be ok with the mum leaving her baby alone at home overnight while she goes to the pub.

It is different (for me) as abortion and smoking (IMO) due to their proven/serious/permanent nature cross the line into the Abhorrent. It's like an 8 and 10 out of 10 on the unconscionable scale as opposed to a 3. That's why I'm against smoking when pregnant/abortion and don't care so much about cc.

I'm sure you understand the concept of a sliding scale of severity and adjust your views accordingly. Eg someone that pinches someone is still violent, but isn't as bad as a murderer or rapist.
    Last edited by VicPark; 22-07-2012 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts