Closed Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

It isn't about defending those people who cut down to one a day - it is understanding that they aren't evil monster mothers who are trying to kill their children - otherwise they wouldn't have tried to cut down in the first place. It is showing a bit of empathy for the person - not the addiction .

I don't know why I bother - you can say so things in 10 different ways on here and you can be sure someone will take a completely different meaning to what you were trying to say.
    Noone has said that they are evil monsters trying to kill their babies. And i have empathy but for the baby over the mother in this situation as they have no say....they are innocent victims.

And ur second paragraph....i know exactly how that feels

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I get this, but i dont just think its just the person, there are two lives involved - mother and baby. Some of us will show more empathy for the mum, some will show more concearn towards the baby. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
    It's not one or the other for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Noone has said that they are evil monsters trying to kill their babies. And i have empathy but for the baby over the mother in this situation as they have no say....they are innocent victims.

And ur second paragraph....i know exactly how that feels

If you want to be pedantic, no, no one has used those words. But they have use words such as child abuse, shudder, said DOCS should be involved, thrown about the term pro life. So I would say that there is very little empathy being shown, even when smokers have had the guts to come into a thread where they are clearly being attacked and explain their situation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    It's not one or the other for me.
    She didnt say its one or the other she said peoples empathy leans towards one more than the other as proven in this thread I have empathy for the mother only if she is trying to quit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    If you want to be pedantic, no, no one has used those words. But they have use words such as child abuse, shudder, said DOCS should be involved, thrown about the term pro life. So I would say that there is very little empathy being shown, even when smokers have had the guts to come into a thread where they are clearly being attacked and explain their situation.
    I see where you are coming from, but most people saw a woman 9 months pregnant (so obvious) walking down the street smoking a cigarette, a lot of people would shudder. I would, i have. Its just an instant reaction it makes my stomach turn. So its the same on here.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (18-07-2012),VicPark  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Very little empathy is being shown towards the unborn.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but most people saw a woman 9 months pregnant (so obvious) walking down the street smoking a cigarette, a lot of people would shudder. I would, i have. Its just an instant reaction it makes my stomach turn. So its the same on here.
    Oh I agree. It isn't a great sight definitely. Im always surprised at those that do it in public, it almost says they just dont give sh!t. Anyway, the shudder term was used by a poster who said that if people can't quit when pregnant then she 'shudders' to think what they would be like as parents. It's comments like that which are quite hurtful. I'm going to reiterate that I did not smoke when pregnant, nor do I know many people who did, but I would never make such harsh accusations.

Thanks
    Reviews

Where did you get that idea?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    She didnt say its one or the other she said peoples empathy leans towards one more than the other as proven in this thread I have empathy for the mother only if she is trying to quit

Well, what I was saying it that my empathy doesn't lie more with one than the other

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't agree?!