Closed Thread
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Flowerpot wtf? *Shows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    What about the rights of the unborn child? There is now scientific evidence that directly correlates learning difficulties, low I.q. And an increase of congenital heart disease in babies of mothers who smoke.

If I had a heart defect that affects my life, that was triggered from my mother smoking while she was pregnant with me, how would I feel? Probably pretty angry.

I really hate all the sugar coating on bh.
    Please point out where there has been any sugar coating?

What I've seen is in one camp, a group of BH's who are understanding and empathetic towards addiction. Then in another camp a group of BH's hell bent on passing their self righteous judgement onto everyone who in "their eyes" are child abusers.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),beebs  (18-07-2012),Boobycino  (18-07-2012),chickenfoot83  (18-07-2012),delirium  (18-07-2012),MissMuppet  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post

What I've seen is in one camp, a group of BH's who are understanding and empathetic towards addiction. Then in another camp a group of BH's hell bent on passing their self righteous judgement onto everyone who in "their eyes" are child abusers.
    Yep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Flowerpot wtf? *Shows
    Sorry but hahaha

I was just about to say what the heck is flowerpot breastfeeding??? Lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012),Rutabaga  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    Sorry but hahaha

I was just about to say what the heck is flowerpot breastfeeding??? Lol
    It's the way true hippies breast feed lol.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-07-2012),ChickyBee  (18-07-2012),headoverfeet  (18-07-2012),Jakois  (18-07-2012),Lumpy Melon  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Flowerpot wtf? *Shows
    I actually was about to look up flowerpot breastfeeding thinking **** that must be a new thing I have not heard about better catch up before no 2 comes!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),Boobycino  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quit smoking when we were ttc our first and haven't looked back. Now for me it is not just a matter of my babies health but my own, it makes me sick to think about all the chemicals that I put into my body and the damage that i have already caused to myself.

At the end of the day I don't think it is an indication of what sort of mother they are going to be if they smoke. My mum smoked through all 5 of her pregnancies and she is the most caring, loving mum i could have ever asked for. She did cut down alot but couldn't kick the habit. My brother and I both have asthma and one of my younger sisters has a kidney problem (whether related I don't know), my other two sisters have no ongoing medical issues that i know of. Do I blame my mum for having asthma, do i resent her or think she is a bad mother? Absoluely not and neither do any of my siblings. My mum still smokes to this day and the only thing I worry about is losing her to cancer or something. For the record too none of my siblings smoke and I was the only one who ever did and I no longer do.

Well done to those that did cut down and quit all together I think you are all fantastic.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),beebs  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012),MissMuppet  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    What about the rights of a baby to breastfeed? There is scientific evidence that flowerpot breastfeeding lowers iq points, increases the risk of diabetes, SIDS, obesity, leukemia...

I really hate sugar coating too, so why don't we force all women to breastfeed?

Oh because IT'S THE WOMAN'S CHOICE!

P.S for the love of god I'm not comparing ff to smoking I'm comparing the choices we are able and allowed to make
    I was going to say that, how about forcing women to bf or have natural births? what's that you say? it more complex than that and you tried to bf but failed (and I'm one of them)? oh no, if you *really* cared about your child you would have forced yourself to succeed and those pain relief drugs you took.... bad for the baby... bad parent alert! and I'll point out I support the right to ff or use pain relief, just making a point.

No one is saying it's the best choice, it isn't. As to having to sugar coat everything, no that's not needed, just a bit of empathy. It annoys me on here when people get all mean to each other, then when they are challenged on that they then twist it to saying there's no freedom of speech here and people have to tip toe.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012),headoverfeet  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try not to post in these threads because like I said before I'm not objective and I know it.

But I strongly object to calling mothers child abusers for smoking, or saying they don't deserve children, or calling for smoking to be illegal for pregnant mums only.

People's previous lives don't suddenly cease when they become pregnant. They don't suddenly become capable of making only the best choices. But they still love their kids as much as everyone else. They might have smoked while pregnant, but may excel in other areas of parenting. You can't generalise and saying smoking mums, or pregnant ladies are bad parents etc etc.

I'll stop now because I'm not managing to word things the way I want, and I don't want to make an enotional thread worse. to those who've been honest about their struggles and are upset at the name calling.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),beebs  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012),Rutabaga  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post

I dont agree. Just because someone says 'hey i think this is wrong' doesnt mean they are being judgemental or self righteous. Thats how they feel personally. We all have opinions and are passionsate about what we think is right or wrong - we all do it. I cant make decisions for another person thats up to them. But this gets called up on cause there is an innocent involved that can be seriously harmed. Its wrong and to many its sugar coating to minimise the seriousness of it.

Sure support and education are the key i never said otherwise but saying its not okay is a fair call i think. My sister recently smoked throughout her pregnancy. Did i say anything? No. But if she asked me to help her i would have. But she was happy to continue smoking so do i judge? Yes. If her child suffered because of it? Yes again. Honestly i think most would.

Those who knowingly put their child in harms way with no desire to stop is what i judge, not those who are actively trying to quit. And just cause i feel this way doesnt mean i think a womans right to choose should be taken away. That will never happen. I just wish it wasnt even an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub