Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 328
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    I just want to say one thing.. and im not around on here often enough to care if I get slammed, but I'm glad that those of you saying horrible things like "it's just abuse" etc etc weren't my midwife when I was pregnant. I felt guilty enough as it was & every single midwife I had through the birth centre, was nothing but supportive and encouraging. they told me I was doing well with cutting back & gave me nothing but support. if they had have turned around and told me I was a child abuser & a horrible mother, it wouldn't have helped my situation in the slightest, it would have just made me feel even worse then I did. their encouragement & understanding actually helped me cut down more. it's not like I didn't know the risks.
    There you go. I think people forget that others reading this have actually been through real situations, not 'opinions' and beliefs. That's why I get so annoyed. Propoganda and accusations of child abuse are very hurtful to those who struggled to quit.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    I just want to say one thing.. and im not around on here often enough to care if I get slammed, but I'm glad that those of you saying horrible things like "it's just abuse" etc etc weren't my midwife when I was pregnant. I felt guilty enough as it was & every single midwife I had through the birth centre, was nothing but supportive and encouraging. they told me I was doing well with cutting back & gave me nothing but support. if they had have turned around and told me I was a child abuser & a horrible mother, it wouldn't have helped my situation in the slightest, it would have just made me feel even worse then I did. their encouragement & understanding actually helped me cut down more. it's not like I didn't know the risks.
    Exactly! Thats the point i have been yruing to make! Hugs xxxx

  3. #163
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't mean to sound like I am ganging up on you, but didn't you say minutes before they are born. Sorry- I took that to mean 40 weeks. You must have meant 24 though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    You dont need to be rude? I didnt spout any propaganda ab. A child can be terminated at 24 weeks legally and if born at 24 weeks prematurely its a fight to save its life. Thats fact. I feel thats hypocritical - thats ALL i said. And whats wrong with smiley faces? Im just being polite. Im not trying to attack anyone here, even if they have a different view to mine. Dont know why im even still here as this is upsetting me. I dont feel ive deserved to be ganged up on.

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    ShanandBoc  (18-07-2012)

  5. #164
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah the pro life debate frankly the point is mute because until they actually make smoking illegal for everyone no one is going to be able to stop a woman smoking while pregnant. Now I'm not one to encourage it but I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot about it. Her body her choice

    P.S alcohol is a carcinogenic we don't know how much during pregnancy is safe now just because we don't know how safe it is doesn't make it safe. IMO if your going to knock back alcohol during pregnancy you shouldn't judge those that are battling with a addiction and I hope your all having drug free vaginal births because drugs during labor can harm the baby, suck that pain up princess.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 18-07-2012 at 09:19.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),beebs  (18-07-2012),Boobycino  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)

  7. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked
    396
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    There you go. I think people forget that others reading this have actually been through real situations, not 'opinions' and beliefs. That's why I get so annoyed.
    To be fair you have no idea what 'real' situations people have been through themselves to form their opinion. Dont automatically think they havent been there.


    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  8. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about the rights of the unborn child? There is now scientific evidence that directly correlates learning difficulties, low I.q. And an increase of congenital heart disease in babies of mothers who smoke.

    If I had a heart defect that affects my life, that was triggered from my mother smoking while she was pregnant with me, how would I feel? Probably pretty angry.

    I really hate all the sugar coating on bh.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    ShanandBoc  (18-07-2012)

  10. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    To be fair you have no idea what 'real' situations people have been through themselves to form their opinion. Dont automatically think they havent been there.


    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I don't assume anything. Which is why I would never come into a thread where people have admitted doing something and make them feel worse.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)

  12. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked
    173
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in 'THAT' section of bubhub again......

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

    Eko  (18-07-2012)

  14. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    What about the rights of the unborn child? There is now scientific evidence that directly correlates learning difficulties, low I.q. And an increase of congenital heart disease in babies of mothers who smoke.

    If I had a heart defect that affects my life, that was triggered from my mother smoking while she was pregnant with me, how would I feel? Probably pretty angry.

    I really hate all the sugar coating on bh.
    Whose sugar coating? No one has said that smoking is a good thing. That's why these threads are stupid. However, flapping about declaring it should be illegal and comparing it to child abuse and abortion not really very productive. It's unenforceable for a start.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (18-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (18-07-2012)

  16. #170
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    What about the rights of the unborn child? There is now scientific evidence that directly correlates learning difficulties, low I.q. And an increase of congenital heart disease in babies of mothers who smoke.

    If I had a heart defect that affects my life, that was triggered from my mother smoking while she was pregnant with me, how would I feel? Probably pretty angry.

    I really hate all the sugar coating on bh.
    What about the rights of a baby to breastfeed? There is scientific evidence that flowerpot breastfeeding lowers iq points, increases the risk of diabetes, SIDS, obesity, leukemia...

    I really hate sugar coating too, so why don't we force all women to breastfeed?


    Oh because IT'S THE WOMAN'S CHOICE!

    P.S for the love of god I'm not comparing ff to smoking I'm comparing the choices we are able and allowed to make

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),beebs  (18-07-2012),delirium  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. smoking kid..
    By Maybelline in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 16:38
  2. Smoking while pregnant?
    By knomie in forum General Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 22:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Super soft, fun prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton plus non-toxic wooden toys. • Hypoallergenic - perfect for eczema relief • Everything needed to shop for a baby shower • 10% off + FREE gift with purchase. Use code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!