Closed Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess what I am saying is, we know its bad, at the worst end of the scale there are druggo, alchos who really don't deserve to be parents anyway and who smoke the whole way through. We can't make them sterile, they probably won't change (although some may).

Then there are those women who smoke and try really really hard and get down to one a day. I still can't believe that you lump them into the same category.

Anyhow -thankfully we still have bodily autonomy.I don't think that would do anyone any good really.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),Boobycino  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Agreed. Its so hypocritical

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    How is it hypocritical?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People who are so offended by smoking being compared with drugs, why? Smokes contain drugs of dependence. Choosing to smoke is EXACTLY the same as choosing to take an illicit drug when pregnant. You KNOW that there is a chance your child will be affected, and you decide to engage in the behavior anyway.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how uneducated you are.. cigarette packets come with health warnings Australia-wide. If you cannot see the link between the warnings and the health impact then clearly you should not breed.

Its 9 months. You have the job of protecting your unborn bub for 9 months, less by the time many find out they are pregnant. If you can't even put your babies welfare above your own wants while pregnant I shudder to think how one will care for a baby/child once it has arrived.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (18-07-2012),JNC_B2012  (18-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because im pro life and i think it is. In the womb the baby has no rights. The minute its born its a mad fight to save its life. Yet minutes beforehand its ok to abort it or smoke or do whatever. Dont really want to enter a debate about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the point if these smoking threads? They're so old hat, they do the rounds repeatedly and they are always the same. People criticise. An occasional honest mother admits to
    Smoking while pregnant. Someone calls child abuse or the 'helpful' thread above where one is "shuddering" at how the smokers treat their children. No one is going to say smoking is great while pregnant, so what is the point? Just another thread for woman to b!tch?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

delirium  (18-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (18-07-2012),halloweendee  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Because im pro life and i think it is. In the womb the baby has no rights. The minute its born its a mad fight to save its life. Yet minutes beforehand its ok to abort it or smoke or do whatever. Dont really want to enter a debate about it.

Doesn't mean it's hypocritical. Wrong choice of words perhaps? Also you can't abort to the 'minute' beforehand. Don't be so dramatic.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess because many people are in shock that nowadays people are STILL prepared to risk their child's health/life when the tragic outcomes are so well known and when there is so much help available to people who make the effort to seek it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Smoking is *exactly* the same as a heroin addiction? Even the same as being an alcoholic? As I said before, I have never heard of a baby being born addicted to the one cigarette her mother smoked a day? But by all means, if you have some data that I am unaware of then link it and I'll have a read. When you state that is *exactly* the same, that makes it sound like *fact* and if it is fact, you really should post the scientific studies so we can all see.

I think the two women I know who cut down to one cigarette a day, and really struggled with their addiction are great mothers actually. Yes, they still smoke - not in front of their children. But at the end of the day not everyone is perfect.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how uneducated you are.. cigarette packets come with health warnings Australia-wide. If you cannot see the link between the warnings and the health impact then clearly you should not breed.

Its 9 months. You have the job of protecting your unborn bub for 9 months, less by the time many find out they are pregnant. If you can't even put your babies welfare above your own wants while pregnant I shudder to think how one will care for a baby/child once it has arrived.[/QUOTE]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm prolife too for me, but I object so much to petitions and rallies/protests as a way to get this point across. And I would support someone no matter what.

I just dont think judging and bashing (not saying most have done this on this thread but some have) is the way to go. Support, understanding and education is the way to go. And understanding that not everyone has had the same opportunities as most of us posting here.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 18-07-2012 at 08:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't talking about those people, I was talking about women who get down to one cigarette a day - I talking about the women who try really hard to kick the habit, they might not have given it up completely - but surely it is better than smoking a packet a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I guess because many people are in shock that nowadays people are STILL prepared to risk their child's health/life when the tragic outcomes are so well known and when there is so much help available to people who make the effort to seek it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-07-2012)