Closed Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    For those that are saying it's their body, their choice, what about crack addicts? Still find that okay? Sorry, but whether it's legal or not doesn't weigh into the debate for me, they are all equally as awful!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Nobody thinks any of it is OK! It's just saying things like child abuse and writing people off doesn't help anyone. Education and support and understanding is what is going to make a difference.

We are all mothers, or wanting to be....if someone acts as if they don't care that they are smoking i'd be willing to bet they either a) really do care but feel powerless over their addiction so are making light of it or b) actually not eduated enough about the dangers to be motivated to stop.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh goodness, me and Refresh are in agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Nobody thinks any of it is OK! It's just saying things like child abuse and writing people off doesn't help anyone. Education and support and understanding is what is going to make a difference.

We are all mothers, or wanting to be....if someone acts as if they don't care that they are smoking i'd be willing to bet they either a) really do care but feel powerless over their addiction so are making light of it or b) actually not eduated enough about the dangers to be motivated to stop.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get called judgemental at least a few times a day. I think it has to do with the language used, not that we all think different things.

Disgusting, child abusers etc etc. Not saying that you said those thing, but I think that is where things start sounding judgemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    This.

Why is it that every time you disagree with something on here, you're judgemental...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Okay - here I go, bringing it back to vaccinations again, how about mothers who are unvaxxed - how bleeding dangerous for the baby!
    And what if they catch something horrible like rubella or chickepox and it effects the baby. You going to lock them up and put their baby (if it survives) into care.

Hey -you know me, I think everyone should be vaccinated. But just wondering about when it is your body and when it isn't anymore and why some dangerous things are disgusting and wrong and others are "it's my body and my choice"

Seems to be a lot of double standards on BH.
    To be honest , knowing how pro vax you are it surprises me that you are sticking up for smokers ? (smoke being dangerous to babies)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Lol, I think I actually agree with you on a few things...just not that one thing which shall remain nameless

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post

But we do have plenty of education. Its well documented and proven what cigarettes can do to the unborn and anyone who smokes. Even passive smoking. Its no news flash. And there is plenty of support to quit smoking and aids to assist you to. I really think theres no excuse.You do it for your baby. As a mother thats ur job to protect ur children.

Heck its only 9 months....take the habit up again after birth if u really must

Last edited by ShanandBoc; 17-07-2012 at 23:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    But we do have plenty of education. Its well documented and proven what cigarettes can do to the unborn. And there is plenty of support to quit smoking and aids to assist you to. I really think theres no excuse.You do it for your baby. As a mother thats ur job to protect ur children. Heck its only 9 months....take the habit up again after birth if u really must but dont poison ur baby who has no say!

WE do...yeah. Not everyone does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who doesnt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question. A mother sitting in a car all windows up puffing away on a cigarette with a baby in the back. Wrong? Abuse? Or is that different? Should nothing be said. Would it be judgemental? I fail to see the difference myself

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SO many people who don't live the priveleged life that I do. It's just not that simple. Honestly, this is just one example and using it because I see it personally - there are people living in small towns that have never left, ever. They have been smoking since they were 8 years old, everyone does it, it's completely normal, they don't see a problem with it at all.