Closed Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Of course smoking or eating sushi is not illegal, but how you can knowingly inhale smoke knowing it will go directly into your baby's placenta and could cause harm to your baby does the worry and guilt not get to you?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (17-07-2012),waterlily  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    NOBODY is saying smoking isn't dangerous for the baby...or suggesting it be ok that anyone do it. It's just the lack of understanding about addicition and the vitriol towards other mothers that upsets me for one.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-07-2012),Atropos  (18-07-2012),CupidsVictim  (18-07-2012),delirium  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure it does get to people, and they feel guilty (there have been several mentions about it in this thread) but it is an addiction. If addiction was that easy to get over, then we would have no issues regarding them in our society. And we do, the problems are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Of course smoking or eating sushi is not illegal, but how you can knowingly inhale smoke knowing it will go directly into your baby's placenta and could cause harm to your baby does the worry and guilt not get to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cant believe cigarettes are being compared with food. I find that ridiculous. Does the same go for other harmful drug use while pregnant? Heroin, cocaine? Of course not.

Seems we cant say anything is wrong anymore or we are judging. May as well have a zero opinion on everything.

For the record i avoided all known risk foods and abstained from alcohol whilst pregnant. Am i allowed an opinion now?

The day we as a society stop saying " hey thats wrong" when something is clearly wrong well....i pity the human race.

These babies are then left with no voice at all

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-07-2012),VicPark  (18-07-2012),waterlily  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And also, all this spinning onto different things - we are talking cigarettes and then everyone is talking about their drug addict friends who smoke bongs and drink and do pot every day. I think that is so strange. It is possible to smoke without being a drug addict who can't function in normal society.

That is completely different than someone who smokes cutting down to one or two a day or whatever.

I think some of you guys need to find yourself some different company. I don't know anyone irl who does all that stuff when they are pregnant. In fact, I don't know anyone who does it even when they aren't.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-07-2012),mamasurfs  (18-07-2012),Theophania  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Okay - here I go, bringing it back to vaccinations again, how about mothers who are unvaxxed - how bleeding dangerous for the baby!
    And what if they catch something horrible like rubella or chickepox and it effects the baby. You going to lock them up and put their baby (if it survives) into care.

Hey -you know me, I think everyone should be vaccinated. But just wondering about when it is your body and when it isn't anymore and why some dangerous things are disgusting and wrong and others are "it's my body and my choice"

Seems to be a lot of double standards on BH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never experienced addiction, but some hubbers have mentioned people who smoked and don't care , so I think they do need more education or someone to tell them how harmful it is for their baby, if 1 hubber is reading this thread and thinks twice about smoking/drinking/sushi etc while pregnant then I'll happily be called judgmental

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (18-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those that are saying it's their body, their choice, what about crack addicts? Still find that okay? Sorry, but whether it's legal or not doesn't weigh into the debate for me, they are all equally as awful!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I cant believe cigarettes are being compared with food. I find that ridiculous. Does the same go for other harmful drug use while pregnant? Heroin, cocaine? Of course not.

Seems we cant say anything is wrong anymore or we are judging. May as well have a zero opinion on everything.

For the record i avoided all known risk foods and abstained from alcohol whilst pregnant. Am i allowed an opinion now?

The day we as a society stop saying " hey thats wrong" when something is clearly wrong well....i pity the human race.

These babies are then left with no voice at all

This.

Why is it that every time you disagree with something on here, you're judgemental...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But those people, are the ones that aren't going to listen, they are the ones who don't care either way really aren't they.

They are like that woman I saw today -with a baby in the pram - must've been under a year old and pregnant, smoking on the corner and holding a paper bag in her other hand with a bottle in it.

That does not sound *anything* like the women who have come on here saying how they cut down heaps and tried really hard, who obviously sounded like they felt awful, only to have the bubhub brigade jumping up and down and spitting venom.

I would personally say - good on them, for trying, at least they care, at least they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I have never experienced addiction, but some hubbers have mentioned people who smoked and don't care , so I think they do need more education or someone to tell them how harmful it is for their baby, if 1 hubber is reading this thread and thinks twice about smoking/drinking/sushi etc while pregnant then I'll happily be called judgmental

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (18-07-2012)