+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ttc #3

Hi!
    I live in the Illawarra region in NSW. I'll be 36 at the end of the month. DH and I have decided to go for kiddo #3, we have two boys, some days they are lovely, other days they are a challenge (let's keep it real!). Our 7 yr old is sweet, smart and artistic, he loves to dance and do all sorts of arts and crafts. Our 4 year old is smart too, but he's much more passionate in every way, a funny man, and all boy to boot.

It'd be nice to have a girl, but certainly not the end the world if we have another boy. It might be the end of my olfactory nerves when they are all teenagers, but that's what glen 20 and clothes pegs are for

I just had my implanon removed today, yes my arm hurts, what a lovely experience that was, having the dr root around my arm trying catch the slippery monster. I'm glad it'd only had a year to get settled in. I started my 'af' if you can call it that while still with the implant, last night, and it's gone full force today. So I'm not sure if that means I could be ovulating shortly after af clears or not!

We've agreed to a short trial period, around 6 months, if nothing happens, we continue to enjoy our life as a family of 4. Both of the boys were conceived easily, so I'm not too concerned, if anything my age and whatever resididuals or disturbances the implanon made have had on my system are the only things I can see changing that track record. I've never tracked anything before, so am a complete newbie to even considering trying to figure out that side things, but it looks like I'll be needing to try to figure it out quickly!

Well, I hope that's a pretty good intro . I look forward to meeting some new people on similar journeys!
    Last edited by Tooznie; 17-07-2012 at 10:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi and welcome. You've come to the right place to figure out the science behind ttc. Hopefully your ttc journey is a short one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi smurfy!
    Thanks! Where are you on your journey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooznie View Post
    Hi smurfy!
    Thanks! Where are you on your journey?
    I came off the pill at the end of march. DH and I are ttc #1. Hopefully it happens soon. I started out taking the relaxed approach, that lasted the first month (I was on my honeymoon and nicely distracted). Then I got a maybe baby, the next month I added temping into my daily routine, and last cycle I threw OPKs into the mix. This cycle i've ditched everything except the OPKs. I think I'm slightly less obsessive this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there's one of the abbreviations I don't know! What are opk's?

Where did you spend your honeymoon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooznie View Post
    And there's one of the abbreviations I don't know! What are opk's?

Where did you spend your honeymoon?
    Ovulation predictor kit

We went on a cruise to the south pacific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that makes complete sense!

Verynice! We were married in the Cook Islands. Which islands did you get to? Cruises are such a fabulous way to see a lot in a short time! We went on our first one this year, loved it, I see more in our future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to port Vila, noumea, Pentecost island and mare.
    We want to go on another one, but will have to fit it in with pregnancy or a baby. They don't take women over 24 weeks pregnant or babies under 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been to any of those islands yet! DH has on a booze cruise with his uni friends, he doesn't remember much since he also caught a bug so spent a lot of time in the cabin.
    I can recommend Princess Mediterranean cruises . The only part we didn't like much were the super aggressive sales people in Turkey.