+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need help - side effects of clomid

Hi girls, I'm after any help here from anyone who's had a reaction to clomid. This is my second cycle & they have doubled my dose. Tomorrow is CD6, last day of two tablets. I've had bad sweating then coldness on & off all the time.

Just tonight my sight's gone a bit funny...blurry & I feel terrible, like I need to sit down & can't stand for long. R these things to be worried about or r they normal? It's just freaking me out a little & any help would be appreciated!!! Do I need to call my doctor tomorrow or just take the last two tablets as Im meant too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to the medial information I have found you need to stop taking the Clomid immediately.

If any of the following happen, stop taking Clomid and tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately:
    * blurred vision, spots or flashes
    I hope the below link works, if not google the word "clomid" and its the 3rd one down.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/swcclomi/$File/swcclomi.pdf

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveHeart For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm only on 50mg of clomid and the side effects I get at night (because I take them before bed) are hot flushes, nausea and have inflamed glands for the time I take them.

Why did they increase ur dosage to two tablets a day only after one cycle?
    I would still call and double check with ur doctor just in case....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the replies!! it really scared me last night & at first I didn't know what was wrong! I seem to be feeling a little better this morning, however very quesy. I might give their office a ring when they open this morning to have a chat to the nurse their.

They had originally doubled the dose because they didn't think I had ovulated first time around...ended up I did just very late in cycle. My doctor told me to increase to the higher dose anyway in the hope ovulation would happen sooner....the side effects I got last night took me aback. I can deal with most things, I just don't like my vision being messed with! Especially since I need to drive a lot! I just don't want them to tell me that I can't take clomid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Thanks heaps for the replies!! it really scared me last night & at first I didn't know what was wrong! I seem to be feeling a little better this morning, however very quesy. I might give their office a ring when they open this morning to have a chat to the nurse their.

They had originally doubled the dose because they didn't think I had ovulated first time around...ended up I did just very late in cycle. My doctor told me to increase to the higher dose anyway in the hope ovulation would happen sooner....the side effects I got last night took me aback. I can deal with most things, I just don't like my vision being messed with! Especially since I need to drive a lot! I just don't want them to tell me that I can't take clomid
    I was reading up on the side effects today and blurred vision is quite common when taking a stronger dosage. Have they been any worse today?
    I was reading the side effects a I had spotting for 1 week before Af which apparently is because of clomid, blah!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chocciqueen,

I woke up this morning & it was quite bad so I took the day off work. There was no way I'd be able to drive a car let alone sit in front of a computer all day!! It seems to be ok now tho. I'm just surprised that it effects sight!!

Oh no u poor thing, I can't believe the spotting/bleeding is another side effect! How r u going with it all?

Im thinking of having the next month off if it doesn't work this time around but I guess I'll wait & see how I feel about it then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chocciqueen,

I woke up this morning & it was quite bad so I took the day off work. There was no way I'd be able to drive a car let alone sit in front of a computer all day!! It seems to be ok now tho. I'm just surprised that it effects sight!!

Oh no u poor thing, I can't believe the spotting/bleeding is another side effect! How r u going with it all?

Im thinking of having the next month off if it doesn't work this time around but I guess I'll wait & see how I feel about it then
    Side effects have been minimal this month compared to last month!
    The spotting only started 1 week before Af was due and hasn't returned so far fx! I'm hoping it doesn't come back at.
    I also said the same thing last month about giving clomid a rest but because i didn't fall pregnant I thought I may as well give it one more go lol, I bet I'll be like that every month!
    I would like to figure out if I actually O or not but I work out of town so wouldn't be able to get to the docs dam it!
    Hopefully ur side effects disappear tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chocciequeen, fingers crossed that ur spotting doesn't come back!! Yeah, I know I say I want to take a break, however if I get a bfn this cycle then I'll prob be like u & go for one more anyway too I think it's hard when ur getting side effects, feeling terrible & more emotional than usual! hope u don't get anymore side effects! My vision seem to be ok now, hopefully that'll last

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope u were able to figure out if u ovulated or not. R u using opk's? I did last time but seemed to get false pos so am just relying on bloods this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope u were able to figure out if u ovulated or not. R u using opk's? I did last time but seemed to get false pos so am just relying on bloods this time around.
    Hi rocky!
    Side effects of clomid have been minimal this month compared to last!
    Nothing really fantastic to report, I'm due to O next week but also just discovered evening promise oil, which is soooooo beneficial to us and especially when taking clomid! Make sure u research it if ur not Takin it alreadu. I'm really hoping this month is our month!!
    How are you going?