+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I go by scan as LMP is generally based on 28 day cycle, and assuming you ovulate on a certain day, 14 days before your next AF is due.

When I found out I was pregnant with my first, the dr went by my LMP, which put me at 10 weeks along. A scan 2 weeks later showed I was only 8 weeks- going by the dr I should have been 12 weeks. That's a whole months difference. Similar thing with number 2.

So yeah I would go by the first dating scan (the earlier the scan the more accurate- so a 8 week dating scan would be more accurate then a 20 week one).

This.

If I went by my LMP, my due date would have been about 4 weeks out. LMP doesnt mean anything unless you know you ovulated on CD 14 and were due to have a 28 day cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadorite View Post
    I would go by LMP so you have a little longer before the hospital will push for induction if you go overdue.
    I agree with this. I had the same thing, I knew my dates but the ultrasound said differently. I wouldn't let the hospital go by the scan dates....because I didn't want the hassle of refusing induction, etc. I actually went on my ovulation and cycle length dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes definitely go with the latest date. Leaves less chance of induction.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a lot of friends who are nicu nurses or midwives and they have horror stories of when you go too far over - like complications with placentas not functioning and still birth etc, so I would go for the earlier date so that if they let you go over by 10 days, it's just 10 and not 15 or so. 5 days seems like a lot if you're talking going over and the date is "wrong" (obviously it's not exact anyway). That's just my view from their experience and I'm also taking the scan date rather than my probable ovulation, cause I don't want to be hugely pregnant longer than I have to! Ds came on his due date so hopefully it won't be an issue, but I'm not taking any chances with bubs safety.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had issues when the hosp went by the ultrasound dates which were a week earlier than my LMP dates. I was under massive pressure to induce when I knew I was only 6 days overdue or something. And my pregnancies just tend to be a bbit longer, have been overdue with all of them despite having a shorter cycle.

A normal pregnancy is anything from 38-42 weeks but if you are stressed about the baby's health you can go in for monitoring for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go with the later date if you can, but be prepared for pressure from the hospy if you go over their date. Cross that bridge IF you come to it. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!