+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default behavioural issues with 4 year old.

My 4 year old DD is completely out of control atm. She throws massive tantrums all day long, over every single thing. She screams and hits her little sister and me. She throws things. She is incredibly rude and defiant.
    She is not normally this bad and i can only assume it has to do with her dad leaving (to work overseas for 3 months).
    I am going grey with stress and have no idea how to deal with this behaviour, i am totally lost. What should i do?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I try oh so try to stick to 123 magic I know your not feeling the best at the moment and I know how hard it is I find keeping DS1 busy is the key to his tantrums (that and berrocca it worked wonders for my ms) also we do deep breaths while I hold his hands until he is able to stop and listen to me speaking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My four year old ds is really defiant right now. He has a lot of aggression and argues about everything . He has been found to have a slight hearing problem so that is probably part of it. But I also use 123 magic. Another thing you can do is take a circle of security parenting class. It's not the same as 123 magic because they don't encourage any sort of time out.. but I like to get lots of "parenting tools" as it makes me feel like I almost know what I'm doing
    Circle of security really focusses on listening and tuning into your child's and your own feelings.
    Two things I find helpful.. which you prob already do.. get down to their level when you speak to them, and try to focus some solid time every day on one quiet activity together like painting or colouring. Ds is pretty hyper so I don't need to encourage this, but I find him better behaved when he has been pretty active all day. If he watches a lot of tv he is really cranky.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    desperate bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has there been a change in her diet? Or have u looked at eliminating trigger foods like sugar/processed/ additives/ artificial colors/ preservatives? Sorry I can't be any more help except for that. But I know foods really affect my son's behavior. Good luck. I'm sure u are doing a fantastic job x