+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetums89 View Post
    My story is abit funny. I met this guy online 6yrs ago now. And we talked all the time on the net and on the phone. He lived a good 1 1/2hrs away from me. We kinda started going out, but never met. Then I met my now DP and just kinda stopped talking to this guy. Over the years I have talked to him occasionally, but I think about him almost everyday, and I know he thinks of me too. I have 2 kids to my now DP, but he knows all this. And I know if we were both ever single we would be together in a heartbeat. Altho he has never met me in real life, he really cares about me and would be there if i really needed him. So i do think about the IF's alot and it really gets me down, i regret not making things work and getting with my DP but then I wouldnt have my kids, its complicated.
    Wow I'm glad my DH isn't having thoughts like that. If he were I'd rather he leave me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to think about a guy I used to go out with when I was 15, that was when I was married to xh and I was so unhappy and depressed.

Now that I'm with dp he's the only man I think about because I'm so in love with him and he makes me happy.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what, I don't.

When I watch movies that relate to heart break and people trying to get their relationship back after troubled times, it makes me reflect on troubled times with my husband.

We went to high school together, we have been very good times & really sucky times.

We were starting to get close when I was 16... He then got a scholarship and went over seas.

I do often wonder how things with him would have panned out had he not gone over seas.

As much as he annoys me at times and as hard as times have gotten & close to leaving I have come, I know he is the only one for me.

My heart has been his for a very long time.

At school he was the older popular guy, he played football & he surfed. He had a body to die for.

When he turned 18, he would go clubbing, he would always come back and sneak into my room & I'd fall asleep in his arms.

When I was in hospital, he came to visit me... Despite his own major fear of hospitals.

Our lives took us so far apart, we both had other relationships, and every single time, our other halves would try to stop our friendship. They must have seen what we both knew but tried to hide.

Finally we got together. We got married... And mostly, we are happy.

(watching a DVD series at the moment filled with love stories, I'm not usually this lovey dovey... Think dh might approve when he gets home and I'm all loved up for him. Lol)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mystical mumma For This Useful Post:

Be The Change  (20-07-2012),Blondi83  (20-07-2012),Sarelou  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we all have at one stage. I just wonder how much of it's 'grass is greener on the other side???) not sure though. I found myself thinking of the what if's but then I realise I seem to only think about the good stuff not the part that made me end the relationship so yeah confusing haha. One thing I do wish though is that, that honeymoon period of a new relationship never had to end Feeling the butterflies in my belly, always thinking on them. I still love my partner and father of my Bubba's but definately don't get butterflies anymore

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think about one past love, but it was very platonic and not romantic love at all.

But I miss him everyday and really wish we could have worked out the issues that resulted in us not speaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes...... We were together on and off from when I was 16 till about 19. Things never really seemed right for us to be anything more than a fling, even though I was madly infatuated. We lost contact for 7 years, we were both in serious long term relationships. I thought about him EVERY DAY... It was so hard.

Each of our relationships ended, I contacted him, and we got together properly for the first time.

He is now my DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes. I had two long term relationships before df and although they were tough break ups and the right thing to do, they were both great guys. Prob could have worked it out with one but the more time that goes by, the more I realise that df is my true love and were a much better fit.

In moments of weakness though I do lament over the fact that if I wasn't with an infertile man, my life would be so much easier. I'd love to be able to have lots of babies naturally and could have with past partners. But cest la vie, it's not df's fault

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    In moments of weakness though I do lament over the fact that if I wasn't with an infertile man, my life would be so much easier. I'd love to be able to have lots of babies naturally and could have with past partners. But cest la vie, it's not df's fault
    ^^^ This!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Occasionally in the past when things were a bit tough with dh & I, I would think of my first bf or two particular close male friends (one I loved but he didn't feel the same, one loved me but I couldn't return it). I think of them in 'what if' sense, wondering where I would be now if I had made different choices. But I chose dh cos he is the man for me, and the best man I have ever known bar none. I don't have those thoughts now, things are wayyyy better at home than they were a couple of years back

Oh and when I think of ex and where I would be today, all I feel is gratitude I got out. I know for sure I would be miserable, downtrodden, broke and unsupported.
    Last edited by Gothel; 20-07-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondi83 View Post
    I think we all have at one stage. I just wonder how much of it's 'grass is greener on the other side???) not sure though. I found myself thinking of the what if's but then I realise I seem to only think about the good stuff not the part that made me end the relationship so yeah confusing haha. One thing I do wish though is that, that honeymoon period of a new relationship never had to end Feeling the butterflies in my belly, always thinking on them. I still love my partner and father of my Bubba's but definately don't get butterflies anymore
    Do you know something strange. I'm single and have had a number of offers to go on a date but I always decline because it's that butterflies feeling and always thinking about someone that scares me. Haha. I'd give anything to just have the comfortable long term feeling again