+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    More like "I'm so glad I'm not still with you." So when I see those things on fb that say "I look at my ex and think 'was I drunk the entire relationship?'" Oh boy do I relate.
    Yep! As above!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still think about my only serious ex-bf sometimes. I know I am sooo much better off with DH, and we are much better suited, but when I found out recently that ex-bf is now engaged to the girl he left me for (he didn't cheat on me, he was just unhappy and had his eye on her and they hooked up a month or so after we split), I felt.... well, I don't know what I felt. I felt something very slightly unpleasant, which may have been jealousy, or just a tiny bit of "what did she have that I didn't?". But once I processed the news, I went back to not really caring!

When I do occasionally think of the first two years of our relationship (but not the last 6 months!), I usually just smile about it now in a nostalgic way, and shake my head over how in love I was.. I had no idea back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only think about all the awesome homewares I left behind when I moved out.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Cool Cookies  (19-07-2012),Eko  (19-07-2012),LillyPonds  (20-07-2012),Sariele  (19-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I can relate to this!! :-D

I think about the 'what ifs' with DS's father. If i had stayed around being his doormat for just a couple months longer could we have eventually been a happy family...? I don't know...?
    Last edited by Bennos Mummy; 19-07-2012 at 20:49.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    THIS! Lol.
    My last ex I was with for 5 years. I left EVERYthing behind when I moved. I have both him and his current gf on fb as there weren't really any bad feelings on break up, just regret.
    Anyway, met his gf and saw him again at my sister's birthday and his gf was lovely. I WAS a little peeved to find that she'd posted a set of chest of drawers on her FB with 'free to good home' on them. I'd painted them after I split from her bf and it was like my 'freedom' painting in my bedroom. Very bright. Kinda tacky. But it was mine and mine alone.

So to see it on fb with an offer that anyone could take it kinda annoyed me. Not because she did it, but because my ex would have said "Oh that was Eko's but she won't want it anymore" without even asking. No, I don't want it. But that's not the point.

BUT that's part of why I left him *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes. I think we would be incredibly happy together. No matter how long we go without seeing eachother, the spark is always there.

We could of been if he stopped his car one day as he saw me walking to the train station but couldnt really stop because of traffic. We used to talk about it quite often but i lost contact for him as he is currently happy and i am happy for him.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually wonder a fair bit recently how my life would be it my ex wasn't an abusive d!ck.

I have been thinking of him a lot. I really want to get in touch with him, I want to know what his life turned out like, why he did what he did to me? Has he changed? Was I the only one he treated that way? Was it my fault somehow?

My Mum saw him in street a few years ago and he actually went upto her and apologised for what he put me through and how he got off the drugs and got his life sorted.

I keep wondering if *I* turned him into the monster he became. We were so blissfully happy once.

Anywhoo..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes definitely. The first would have been a nightmare, the second would have been even more of a nightmare, the third could have been blissfully happy but I wasn't ready yet. Fingers crossed that the fourth is the final one! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    One. I do think we could have had a good thing. But neither of us were in the right place for each other. I have wondered from time to time. Though he was ridiculously tall and skinny so he made me feel really awkwardly out of proportion. Lol.

And there were a few "dodged a bullet there!" From highschool too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first, I just get a bit queasy when I think about him and how our life would have been.
    The second, if we had attended counselling I think we could have been happy for a long time, but not a lifelong deal.
    I do think often how lucky I am that I had those experiences as it lead me to a time and place where I met the love of my life DH <3