+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast feeding

I am trying to breast feed but because my son come early he is having trouble taking to the breast so I'm mix feeding expressing and formula.
    When my breast are becoming full throughout the day& night I start feeling hot and cold and during the night wake up covered in sweat (tmi?) that I have to get changed just wanting any advice and if this is moral or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had a lot of attachment issues in the first week, easier solution was a dummy then added a tiny bit of glycerine to make sure she took it. I went on the breast feed with a shield for 2 1/2 yrs. Feel free to pm me if any more questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was early and in special care for 10 days so we had a lot of attachment issues too. I ended up using a nipple shield for 4 weeks until he got the hang of it. Have you seen a lactation consultant?

In relation to hot/cold and sweating - completely normal. Damn hormones!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub was early too and I found a dummy really helped with his sucking!! He latched pretty well from the beginning but was sooo sleepy that he couldn't suck. Dummy really helped with this and we have a great BF relationship, he's still not due and doing great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am yet to breastfeed (bub not due for another 2 weeks) but i have just finished reading an excellent book that may help you - on the breast handbook by Jo Gilpin. Also might be worthwhile contacting ABA hotline or seeing if you can find a local lactation consultant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your help! I'm seeing a lactation person at the hospital on Friday so hopefully that helps. I will look into that book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was hot and sweaty too. It settled down after a few weeks I think??