+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Beco or Ergo

Hi All,

I am trying to decide on the best baby carrier to get and I read on here something about Beco carriers, I see on their site that they do the Butterfly II and the Gemini (The Gemini allowing forward facing carry).

Do Ergos allow forward facing carry?

I was leaning towards the Butterfly II but now not sure, Is it necessary to have the forward facing option?
    I have heard in the past that baby should not face forward......

Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ergos do not allow forward facing carries I think it's not recommended for young babies as they can become overstimulated. I know from my experience when my son is tired & is in our Ergo he can just snuggle into my chest or back & fall asleep. I have never tried a Beco before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kadorite
    Do you think your Ds will be happy as he gets older not facing outwards?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither the beco butterfly or the Ergo allow baby to be forward facing. The main reason forward facing is not recommended is because it requires bub to be hanging from the crotch rather than seated in carrier which isn't great for optimal hip and spine development. another disadvantage of forward facing is that it shifts bub's weight forward making it harder work for the wearer. As bub gets bigger, they can go on your back and look around from there. The beco butterfly is a bit easier to back carry with from an earlier age. I find the beco more fiddly to use but so much prettier to look at. They are both excellent carriers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Beco Gemini and love it and highly recommend. I used the front facing option for a while - DH still uses it - I found that dd would still sleep when she was tired. There was point when she really wanted to look out but now she's happy to face in again and I prefer as it's easier on my back.

I haven't used an ergo but from what I can see I prefer the Gemini as the straps cross at the back, meaning the weight is better distributed and Beco have prettier designs.

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bun View Post
    Thanks Kadorite
    Do you think your Ds will be happy as he gets older not facing outwards?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    My son is 15mo and it doesn't seem to faze him. He prefers front carry over back cos I guess my boobs are good pillows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I have the Ergo and love it! There is so much support for my back and DD is 15 months and I still barely feel her weight whilst wearing it.

I know they are quite pricey ($150-$200) but I brought mine online for $90

Best money I have spent

Hope that helps