View Poll Results: Are you fully up to date?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 66.67%
  • No

10 22.22%
  • Unsure

5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF and I are both completely up to date bar flu shots this year.

DF used to work in disabilty until 4 years ago so was / is fully up to date and i have always been up to date.

I am not immune to chicken pox though and have had it 8 times. Yes you read right, 8 times!!! It sucks! I am immunised against it every year to help keep it away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fully immunised here (except flu shot). I recently found out I no longer had immunity to measles and mumps (I had rubella as a child and my mum had a miscarriage due to being exposed to it), so had to have the booster. It is worth getting your immunity checked as I had full immunity 2 years ago....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope.
    Had all my shots as a child but never got cervical cancer one or flu shots (you couldnt pay me enought to get those)
    Never had WC boosters (and my kids arent vaxed). Got Measels AND mumps as a child (even though i was vaxed). Never got the chicken pox even though my bro had it very badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off topic but I've seen lots of people say they would never get cervical cancer shots. I'm genuinely wondering why? I got mine with no second thoughts but I'm just curious about why? If someone could direct me where to read up if its too controversial to discuss

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    Off topic but I've seen lots of people say they would never get cervical cancer shots. I'm genuinely wondering why? I got mine with no second thoughts but I'm just curious about why? If someone could direct me where to read up if its too controversial to discuss

I personally wouldn't because in my situation I am at no risk of catching hpv. Alot of people are worried about the side effects.

I would never get a flu shot because of potential side effects amongst other things.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 16-07-2012 at 17:05.

Thanks
    Reviews

I felt it was too new and not enough research had been done on it. Plus, i wasnt at risk. Same as the flu shots really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm over 30, it's expensive and I really see no point in getting it. I have not been s.exually active in the last decade and rarely before that, a lot of reasons for me not to get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm up to date with everything.

Gaurdasil wasn't free for me but I was happy to pay extra. No one is ever not at risk of HPV, unless your never planning on having sex. You might already have it, in which case I understand not having the vaccine.

I get the flu shot every year too. If you can jab me for it, I'm up for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I'm up to date with everything.

Gaurdasil wasn't free for me but I was happy to pay extra. No one is ever not at risk of HPV, unless your never planning on having sex. You might already have it, in which case I understand not having the vaccine.

I get the flu shot every year too. If you can jab me for it, I'm up for it.
    I'm married and neither of us are having sex with anyone else so I'm not at risk. If one or both of us had it already then the vaccine wouldn't do anything anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There was a thread started recently about boys receiving Gardisil, there were lots of concerns on there, but the links to the scientific evidence shows that actually there are very few bad reactions for this particular vaccine. It seems to be like a chinese whisper rumour. If you look at the hard facts (which are on the that thread) there is nothing to back up the claims at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast